Is this normal?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I finally got my first Chanel bag! I used it for the first time over the weekend and noticed what looks like 3 pin marks on the bottom part of the leather. Should I be concerned? It’s the Gabriella hobo for reference. IMG_6355.JPG

2. I love [emoji173]️ firsts! Congratulations! [emoji322] as for those indents, perhaps was it resting on something to cause that. Maybe you can try massaging them out with ur finger. I’ve had indents on my bag from it laying on the chain while it was stored. But they did come out when I made sure the bag wasn’t resting in anything to create a dent.

MahaM likes this.
  3. Congratulations on your first bag :biggrin:. Did u purchase it at the boutique? I’d get it exchanged as it shouldn’t be there for a brand new bag. But the Gabrielle’s base is prone to such indents.

4. Congrats!!! I purchased the same exact bag, I haven’t carry the bag out yet, but did you purchased with the marks on the bag or was it damaged from carrying it? Since the base is so hard, it would eventually have dents and scratch marks. Same goes for LV Epi line. The base is hard and tends to have dent marks. I think we should be aware not to bang our bags around anything !!!

5. Congrats! As everyone is asking, did it have the dents when you took it out of the box?

6. Those dents are from the chain wrapped against the base. Someone either packed it incorrectly or stored it wrong. The chain should never be wrapped around the base of the bag. I was told when I bought my Gabrielle, always store the chains inside the unzipped bag.
    You can’t massage the dents out completely, but if it makes you feel a little better, the Gabrielle’s look allows for certain imperfections to look normal.
    If it bothers you and your bag was packed like this when you got it, talk to your SA. Hopefully he or she can give you some ideas about what you could do.

JoeyLouis likes this.