Is This Normal on Paraty?

Feb 28, 2010
View attachment 2367893
Here's a picture, not sure if it shows enough...

Thank you for posting the pictures of your bag. I really appreciate it. That kind of wrinkles I don't mind. But on my bag the bag looks like it's squished together and if you see the area btween the piping and the edge of the bag, it looks like more than just some wrinkles. I start to think that my bag is actually defective.

aksaiyo

Aug 8, 2013
Thank you for posting the pictures of your bag. I really appreciate it. That kind of wrinkles I don't mind. But on my bag the bag looks like it's squished together and if you see the area btween the piping and the edge of the bag, it looks like more than just some wrinkles. I start to think that my bag is actually defective.

Honestly, I can't tell on your picture, so it's either not that bad or the picture isn't too clear?

Feb 28, 2010
The picture doesn't really show the flaws I guess. Those wrinkles on the outer sides of the piping are really bad and they stay like that even if the bag is full. I think I will send the bag back. It's gonna be tough because I bought it from a private seller so there's actually no return. But I'll see. Thank you Aksaiyo :smile:

aksaiyo

Aug 8, 2013
The picture doesn't really show the flaws I guess. Those wrinkles on the outer sides of the piping are really bad and they stay like that even if the bag is full. I think I will send the bag back. It's gonna be tough because I bought it from a private seller so there's actually no return. But I'll see. Thank you Aksaiyo :smile:

Hey did you end up returning it? I think I know what you are talking about! Is it this??
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1382557847.819641.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1382557861.712649.jpg

It's only on one side of my paraty and it wasn't there when it was new. This is from filling it unevenly, carrying it so that the bag presses against your thighs, and carrying it with the clasps closed. So for me, I fill the middle with a folder and the front side with stuff like wallet etc, and the back side is just mostly empty, then I carry on the long strap and it bounces against my thigh and hip as I walk.
Not a big deal to me, since I know Paratys get softer and slouchier over time. I think it could happen even if the bag is filled evenly, just from the compressing of one side against your body.
Hope this makes you feel better!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1382557830.409457.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1382557830.409457.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 528
Feb 28, 2010
Hey did you end up returning it? I think I know what you are talking about! Is it this??
View attachment 2375100
View attachment 2375101

It's only on one side of my paraty and it wasn't there when it was new. This is from filling it unevenly, carrying it so that the bag presses against your thighs, and carrying it with the clasps closed. So for me, I fill the middle with a folder and the front side with stuff like wallet etc, and the back side is just mostly empty, then I carry on the long strap and it bounces against my thigh and hip as I walk.
Not a big deal to me, since I know Paratys get softer and slouchier over time. I think it could happen even if the bag is filled evenly, just from the compressing of one side against your body.
Hope this makes you feel better!

Hi Aksaiyo! Thank you very much! Now I see that, that part your your Paraty is similar to the one that I got. Which means the bag is has been used and not new. Thank you!!!! :smile:. I am opening a case as it is not brand new like she claimed. Thank you again! You have been really, really helpful.

GemsBerry

O.G.
Nov 10, 2011
I think it's just storage without filling, it can be fixed with proper conditioning and storing filled up with tissie paper to restore the shape. it would have signs of wear on the corners if it were worn well.

Last edited: