Is this normal?- noir kitten heels wear and tear

mslilinanana

Jun 18, 2016
Hi all,
I am an avid fan of the valentino rock studs and am debating on getting the poudre patent kitten heels. But after seeing my noir kitten heels, I am wondering whether mine is defective or is it considered normal wear and tear? Does the patent version also have this issue? I rarely wear mine so i'm quite surprised by the leather bunching up. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

ashlie

Apr 13, 2015
New York, New York
It looks like it got stuck in between something like a cobble stone or grate. This has happened to my heels as well. With kid leather/smooth leather it'll happen much more easily. I would say that it's definitely wear and tear.

Reactions: Bee-licious

squidgee

Jan 20, 2015
+1 looks like it got stuck/nicked on something. It's unfortunate but "normal" and can happen to any shoe, including patent, regardless of brand/quality.

A good cobbler maybe able to fix it, though won't look 100% new but the damage will be lessened.

Elizz

Oct 15, 2015
Canada
That exact thing happened to one of my Valentino !

Basically there was a leather «flap» on one of the heel. I asked my cobbler to get them half-soled and to fix the flap at the same time. He did it perfectly and I can barely see the repair now :smile: I'm pretty sure your cobbler can fix it though I'm not sure how the «wavy» leather around the flap will look.

Elizz

Oct 15, 2015
Canada
View attachment 3571938
Hello can you post pictures of these reparations? I have the same problem with my shoes.
Hello! As you can see, the repair is not entirely invisible but to me, this is pretty good! I can barely see it.

You can't see the scratch unless you are zooming on the shoes with light +++

I guess this is what happen when you walk in the Old port... haha!
I hope it helps! :smile:

1.jpg 1 (1).jpg

belljulia44

Jun 9, 2016
Belgium