Is this normal for CLs?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I picked up my first two pairs of CLs today. I didnt notice this at the store but the seam appears to not be fully attached to the sole of the shoe [arch area]. Im not sure if Im just being extra picky because theyre expensive shoes or if this is something to be concerned about. In general, do CLs fall apart easily?? I can return them within 30 days. Id like to keep them but if they end up coming apart, Ill be more upset.

Here are the shoes:
    [​IMG]
    This is the seam that doesnt look quite right
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I don't think they'd fall apart, but I'm super anal, I'd return them and get another pair.

3. I have a one-of a kind pair that is like this. Since CLs are handmade, they sometimes tend to have small superficial issues. I think if you can get another pair, and you'd feel more comfortable with those, then I would. But, know that CLs don't tend to have that "from the factory" perfection. they have a little more personality, if you will. ;)

4. ITA with Jet...however these are 'your' CL's and what we may pass as unique to being handcrafted...may be a concern for you... you should be 100% pleased!

5. Well, the problem is that these were the last pair. I got em at Saks for $177! Im just not familiar with the brand. I assumed they would be handmade which would result in slight imperfections. Its not noticeable but I wanted to make sure the shoe wouldnt come apart since usually the leather would sit flush against the sole. Hmmmm.

6. I would totally keep them then. I suppose you could ask the store to repair them or bring them to a cobbler yourself just to make you feel good about them.

7. Thanks ladies. I guess Ill just keep an eye out as I wear 'em and I could get the sole fixed if it happens to come apart. Hopefully that wont happen.

Im amazed at how comfortable these shoes are!

8. ^^ I too would take my chances if I happened upon a pair of brand new CL's for under $200. Great find. Enjoy them!!

9. keep them for that price! changed my mind!

10. great great price. i wouldnt be bothered. :smile:

11. Its a fixable problem .... $177 is a steal! Congrats!