Is this normal for a Jumbo Flap?

lvsforme

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
I have received my black caviar jumbo flap for a little bit over than a week now. I have not yet used it, but notice a bit of difference in the two edges where the back is connected to the two sides. While the edge is straight on the left side, it is not on the right edge. Please see picture below...

Left edge is straight vertically. This is good.
76d4ab32.jpg

Right edge is not straight vertically. It seems that it curves in the middle and then curls inwards at the bottom... I am not sure how to describe it. Pardon my English.
5a4735b8.jpg

When I carry the bag, I can see the edge is not perfectly straight where the back is connected to the side of the bag.
7ef09dac-1-1.jpg

I have been puzzled for days and not sure what to do. What do you think? May I have your advices on this one? Is this normal for Jumbo Flaps? Should I return/exchange?

Thanks in advance!

lexis.s

C. Lexis S.
Feb 20, 2011
The black caviar I brought 3 weeks ago also looks like what you just show. My SA say bags might look different because they are hand-stitched. Not sure if he said this just to comfort me or what. I didn't have one to compare and sure there will be something on the others bag I might not like. I'm sure their quality is decreasing, but my love for Chanel overcome the problem.

If you truly think that bother you, go get an exchange.

madaddie

Mad Shopaholic
O.G.
Dec 1, 2007
If you are unhappy with it, you should definitely take it back.

For me, I love my bags whether they have slight imperfections or not. I guess cos I feel it's fate this particular bag came to me. ;)

lvsforme

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
I think I understand what you are talking about but I really have to study the picture, I don't think it is that big of a deal but if it really bothers you exchange it.

Thanks, BagAddict4Ever. I agree it is not a big deal but just am not sure if this is considered normal for a Jumbo Flap. It kind of bother me, but I think I maybe able to live with it... :smile:

lvsforme

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
The black caviar I brought 3 weeks ago also looks like what you just show. My SA say bags might look different because they are hand-stitched. Not sure if he said this just to comfort me or what. I didn't have one to compare and sure there will be something on the others bag I might not like. I'm sure their quality is decreasing, but my love for Chanel overcome the problem.

If you truly think that bother you, go get an exchange.

Same here... I don't have another Jumbo to compare so I really am not sure if this is normal. I think I may just keep it too. Thank you for your help!

lvsforme

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
If you are unhappy with it, you should definitely take it back.

For me, I love my bags whether they have slight imperfections or not. I guess cos I feel it's fate this particular bag came to me. ;)

I like the way you think, madaddie! Just like our love ones, we love them whether they are perfect or not. Thanks for chiming in! :P