"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Not sure if this is the correct thread but I have a question about my pochette metis in empreinte leather. The piping on the handle and strap is literally melting and staining all my clothes!! It is very annoying as the bag has not been worn very much! I bought it some time ago (4 years) but due to covid etc it was sitting at the closet for ages. I now want to wear it but it’s impossible as it ruins everything it gets close to! Is this what happens with time?? Do you think LV will repair for free? I have 4-5 LV bags and they are all in great condition (some are 10+ years).

Not sure if this is the correct thread but I have a question about my pochette metis in empreinte leather. The piping on the handle and strap is literally melting and staining all my clothes!! It is very annoying as the bag has not been worn very much! I bought it some time ago (4 years) but due to covid etc it was sitting at the closet for ages. I now want to wear it but it’s impossible as it ruins everything it gets close to! Is this what happens with time?? Do you think LV will repair for free? I have 4-5 LV bags and they are all in great condition (some are 10+ years).
That needs to be taken into an LV store where they can perform a quality assessment on your piece! Typically they take photos and the quality team will reach back out to the store once they review the photos and overall condition of the bag…

This PSM is the exchange already, there is still crack at the zipper corner.
The first one also had the issue, that's why I exchanged.

Does your PSM have this issue?
View attachment 5796838
Not a PSM but I had the exact same issue on a bumbag zipper. It was like that when I received it. They took it back and immediately refunded. Mine was a personalised MWT version which are not refundable so they must have agreed a quality issue.

• Insightful
Reactions: lemondln
This PSM is the exchange already, there is still crack at the zipper corner.
The first one also had the issue, that's why I exchanged.

Does your PSM have this issue?
View attachment 5796838
this is normal for a PSM; it has been heavily discussed in PSM thread. these cuts are made to fold as required. my psm has this; and my older one (before it was replaced) had it as well.

this is normal for a PSM; it has been heavily discussed in PSM thread. these cuts are made to fold as required. my psm has this; and my older one (before it was replaced) had it as well.
I couldn't find the special PSM thread. ....

Mine is made in USA(first and exchanged one). I am wondering made-in-other-country ones have the same cuts?

I just cannot accept the cut, they could've done better like cut exactly the size that needed to fold the canvas.

I couldn't find the special PSM thread. ....

Mine is made in USA(first and exchanged one). I am wondering made-in-other-country ones have the same cuts?

I just cannot accept the cut, they could've done better like cut exactly the size that needed to fold the canvas.

• Thanks
Reactions: lemondln
Hello, bag lovers! I'm so glad I have found this amazing forum because 1) I love bags 2) now I know I am not crazy lol as there are threads with people discussing teeny-tiny imperfections of their bags:biggrin: and I am one of them!:nuts: So, the story is I purchased my Alma BB DE a few months ago in Paris FS, it is my first designer bag ever so it was a pretty big deal for me... So I created this total perfection in my head thinking paying 1400 euro = 0 imperfections so I did not even know what to check. Just grabbed it and went to the hotel. but later that day I noticed one stitching hole was very big and decided to exchange it to another one they had in stock. SO my story is even with the second bag:cursing: Back home (like home-home) I started inspecting it and noticed the stitching below where DE canvas starts is a bit uneven, the part where leather meets DE canvas (3mm compared to 4 mm as I show on photos) so it is literally 1 mm difference if to look on these small beige vertical lines on the canvas print, it is 3.5 lines on the right and 4 on the left), I started googling alma bb DE bags and honestly noticed 1-2 bags with such unevenness but 95% of bags where pretty even from the first sight, so my case still bothers me..... Guys, what do you think? as it was my first LV purchase I just do not know what to expect and what is considered normal, help me doctors:biggrin: I need to specify I have OCD so even I understand it is more a psychological problem than the actual problem with the bag:-s anyways, I would be glad to receive your objective opinions!!! Especially if I plan to buy more LV products and I do not know what to inspect in store. thanks!!

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9751.JPG

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-21 at 14.39.05.jpeg

Just picked up this alma bb from the LV store today. I didn't notice the red stitches on the bottom of the bag until I got home. I know the red stitches are pretty normal for this kind of bag, however, the red stitches are poking out quite a lot. I like the rest of the bag though. I am torn right now and would appreciate your opinion. Would you guys exchange the bag or keep it??

View attachment 5754806

View attachment 5754807

View attachment 5754808

View attachment 5754809
looks exactly like my Alma BB bag!!!! I was also bothered by it but as I have it too (bought my Alma BB in Paris FS 2 months ago), maybe it is considered normal? it is the place where they like close the stitch.