"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

BDC229BD-4ACB-424C-B931-5ED8DA341DC4.jpeg942EB8B5-F2C3-4C62-B54F-10AB27BAA708.jpeg0E1A88A9-16CF-48A3-938E-0564B72D5BDB.jpeg
there seems to be a small bubble/wave on my sac plat and only on one side. The inside has a bit of a wave in the stitching where the bubble/wave shows up. Is this normal and will it go away with use or should I send it back?

Hi everyone! Haven’t bought a new monogram bag in a long time but noticed a couple things when my brand new Alma BB arrived today. First thing I noticed, and this could be because my newest mono bag before this is 6+ years old, the vachetta feels a little tougher and not as smooth as my other bags. Is this a new thing or am I just used to the aging of my older bags lol? The Alma BB is made in the USA, in case that matters. I also notice a tiny white speck on the canvas itself. Is this becoming common on newer bags now? I’m used to some white areas showing up on my older bags, but not on anything brand new.

Attachments

• 92B32EA1-534D-4062-A08D-D9F4CB5240AB.jpeg
    92B32EA1-534D-4062-A08D-D9F4CB5240AB.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Love
Reactions: LVlvoe_bug
Reactions: Loriad
Completely normal on Canvas bags
Did you keep or return? The bubble in the canvas would bother me….I’m not sure it would go away..
I’ve returned it. I highly doubt it’s normal for any bag to have this kind of wave since the rest of the bag is done perfectly and only on this corner it had the flaw. Going to choose one in store to make sure it’s perfect, considering the price of a Sac Plat and the way it’s structured shows any flaws very clearly. Thanks for your input! :heart:

Hi everyone, I recently picked up my World Tour Alma BB...
there are 2 red threads peeping out from stitch holes at the back of the bag...
Am i nitpicking? Would you be ok with this?

View attachment 5440596

View attachment 5440597
Mine has that and I am fine with it. You can’t really notice it unless you are that close to it. It doesn’t bother me but you have to decide if it would bother you. In my opinion I would keep the bag and enjoy..

I’ve returned it. I highly doubt it’s normal for any bag to have this kind of wave since the rest of the bag is done perfectly and only on this corner it had the flaw. Going to choose one in store to make sure it’s perfect, considering the price of a Sac Plat and the way it’s structured shows any flaws very clearly. Thanks for your input! :heart:

There’s 2 in my local store and they both have dimples. It’s normal for this bag. Maybe choose a different bag.

I had to surrender my Bi-Colour PM today :crybaby:. Unfortunately it started chipping and LV has deemed it defective.
Beautiful bag but, alas, it seems it was not meant to be...20220606_101547.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Loriad
I would be more bothered that the stitching doesn't look straight along the bottom, but I would likely keep it anyway.
the stitching is ok frankly. maybe it's just the angle from my poor photography skills!

Mine has that and I am fine with it. You can’t really notice it unless you are that close to it. It doesn’t bother me but you have to decide if it would bother you. In my opinion I would keep the bag and enjoy..

it doesn't really bother me so i'm keeping this bag ! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: