"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

I am looking for a black bag that can hold shades, a small wallet and keys - basically a day bag that I can rotate with my Chanel lamb skin in small size. I like the way the LV wave is built but the leather doesn’t seem to have shine/gloss. Is this normal or did I get a bad piece?

I am looking for a black bag that can hold shades, a small wallet and keys - basically a day bag that I can rotate with my Chanel lamb skin in small size. I like the way the LV wave is built but the leather doesn’t seem to have shine/gloss. Is this normal or did I get a bad piece?
I have the noir new wave bag MM with the Vuitton handle purchased few years ago, my leather is a matte type finish. There is no shine/gloss. I don’t think this leather is supposed to have it from the bags I have seen...the tote bags had the same matte finish.....

I have the new wave camera bag and the leather is more matte. It's not like the leather on the Gucci Marmont or the Saint Laurent Loulou, both of which are a bit glossier. It's worn really well though and I love it! It's an underrated collection!

Hi lovelies, the canvas on my LV agenda has some bubbling or “melted” on its surface, do you come across these issue before? If yes, how can we fix it? I bought it in Feb this year and have been always putting in a dust bag to protect it. However my SA insisted it’s from alcohol/sanitiser that cause these issues and they refused to fix it. I’m tired with their repair policy. They blame everything on hand sanitiser nowadays

View attachment 5137316

View attachment 5137317
The first picture does look like sanitizer could cause this. I read somewhere that they should be able to reglaze it for a fee, but I might be wrong.

Reactions: BULL
Hi All-I recently purchased a previously owned but by appearances never used LV Neverfull MM Epi in Indigo. It had been on my list forever, it arrived Friday 07/16 and I was in love, everything was perfect. When I arrived at my office this morning (first time using the bag, not raining outside nor especially humid) I noticed a deep blue mark on my thumb, well... it got worse. The mark was not marker but residue/heavy dye from the edging on the straps of the Neverfull.

Its also all over the shoulder, underarm, and side of my MM LaFleur dress. The dress is ruined, I reached out to the well known reseller and no response. I have owned no less than 25 LV bags and this has never happened..does the Epi Neverfull have issues? What could this be? Would love to hear peoples thoughts!

I just unboxed a new Palm Springs Mini bag and the strap (like belt loops) seem to have loose threads (one on each side). The loops are still in tact and don't seem to be loose, I've already contacted my Client Advisor. I'm hoping they can just repair the straps and not replace the whole bag because I've already had to wait 3 weeks for this one!

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 12.18.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 12.18.36 PM.png

hi !! i had this same exact issue with mine. my CA had me take my straps to the LV repair store at my mall, and they sewed it back together in an hour (easy fix) - very convenient. i’m unsure where you’re located and/or if you have a repair location nearby, so they probably will send in just your straps for repair. important to note based off my experience - i would have them sew all 4 tightly together. when i brought mine in, only one of them had come apart, and i asked them to also sew the remaining 3 together tightly so that it wouldn’t happen again in the future / so i wouldn’t have to come back again, and they said no, that they couldn’t because nothing was technically wrong with them at the time.. which is frustrating and guess what, few weeks later it happened to 2 more, so finally then they agreed to sew tightly all 4 of them for me. so i would request the same for yours, especially if they’re going to ship it for repair, cause that’s frustrating if it’ll happen again and you have to wait for it to be sent in. ALSO, i did ask for new straps from a different PSM if they could do that for me rather than fix the one i JUST bought, but they didn’t allow that either, they said they would have to exchange the entire bag if that’s what i wanted to do - just in case you were thinking of that option.

Just received my new nano speedy. Upon inspection, I noticed this wrinkling on the underside of one of the handles. Right now with the Vachetta being so light, it’s not as noticeable. However, with age, I wonder how it will look once the handles patina. Would you all return it even though it’s so hard to get still? Appreciate your thoughts.
Normal. My speedy 30 in monogram is like this.

hi !! i had this same exact issue with mine. my CA had me take my straps to the LV repair store at my mall, and they sewed it back together in an hour (easy fix) - very convenient. i’m unsure where you’re located and/or if you have a repair location nearby, so they probably will send in just your straps for repair. important to note based off my experience - i would have them sew all 4 tightly together. when i brought mine in, only one of them had come apart, and i asked them to also sew the remaining 3 together tightly so that it wouldn’t happen again in the future / so i wouldn’t have to come back again, and they said no, that they couldn’t because nothing was technically wrong with them at the time.. which is frustrating and guess what, few weeks later it happened to 2 more, so finally then they agreed to sew tightly all 4 of them for me. so i would request the same for yours, especially if they’re going to ship it for repair, cause that’s frustrating if it’ll happen again and you have to wait for it to be sent in. ALSO, i did ask for new straps from a different PSM if they could do that for me rather than fix the one i JUST bought, but they didn’t allow that either, they said they would have to exchange the entire bag if that’s what i wanted to do - just in case you were thinking of that option.

My CA told me she would order me 2 brand new straps but it will take about 8 weeks to arrive (free of charge!!). However, she cut the loose ends said to use the bag in the meantime since exchanging it may take a while since she doesn't know when she'll get another one in (there's nothing wrong with the bag).

My CA told me she would order me 2 brand new straps but it will take about 8 weeks to arrive (free of charge!!). However, she cut the loose ends said to use the bag in the meantime since exchanging it may take a while since she doesn't know when she'll get another one in (there's nothing wrong with the bag).
yay that’s great news !!! enjoy the bag, its one of my faves !!!

Hi All-I recently purchased a previously owned but by appearances never used LV Neverfull MM Epi in Indigo. It had been on my list forever, it arrived Friday 07/16 and I was in love, everything was perfect. When I arrived at my office this morning (first time using the bag, not raining outside nor especially humid) I noticed a deep blue mark on my thumb, well... it got worse. The mark was not marker but residue/heavy dye from the edging on the straps of the Neverfull.

Its also all over the shoulder, underarm, and side of my MM LaFleur dress. The dress is ruined, I reached out to the well known reseller and no response. I have owned no less than 25 LV bags and this has never happened..does the Epi Neverfull have issues? What could this be? Would love to hear peoples thoughts!
Hi. It’s a known defect. Check the “Louis Vuitton recall” thread in this forum

Reactions: Loriad and BULL
Hi all!
I just received my Clèmence Wallet and want to know what you think of the red stitching. Everything else looks good. Thank you for your time.

View attachment 5144315

View attachment 5144316
This is OK for Zara, but not for Vuitton. I don’t mind variances caused by the artisan, hence making it feel a little more handmade, but this is just a poorly adjusted sewing machine.