"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

I bought my Palm Springs pm one month ago and have used it only a handful of times . I just noticed this white dry mark on my bag! What is it? I tried a damp cloth and moisturizes it and disappears but once it dries it comes back? Should I go to LV and show them?? I need help and guidance !

Attachments

• 6253BBB9-EC37-4D95-AB86-54F59D5671E4.jpeg
    6253BBB9-EC37-4D95-AB86-54F59D5671E4.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 613980C3-4F86-402B-A030-3AE064827413.jpeg
    613980C3-4F86-402B-A030-3AE064827413.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 99
Hi everyone. I received my first LV piece today, a Felicie. I noticed there’s a dent on the front. Is this normal? And more importantly, is there any way I can fix this? Don’t want to exchange. Thank you

View attachment 5064392
This doesn't look good. For soft bags I usually recommend stuffing it for a few days or simply using it, since that smoothens out any creases. But this is a structured bag. Those won't work here. You can lay out the flap on a table and put books on it, but I fear that won't do the trick either.

Reactions: DAMER and _vee
I bought my Palm Springs pm one month ago and have used it only a handful of times . I just noticed this white dry mark on my bag! What is it? I tried a damp cloth and moisturizes it and disappears but once it dries it comes back? Should I go to LV and show them?? I need help and guidance !
Quite an unusual looking mark. I'd contact LV, since it doens't look like scuff mark or hand sanitizer spill or anything typical that causes similar damages.

This doesn't look good. For soft bags I usually recommend stuffing it for a few days or simply using it, since that smoothens out any creases. But this is a structured bag. Those won't work here. You can lay out the flap on a table and put books on it, but I fear that won't do the trick either.
Thanks! I contacted them about exchanging it

Reactions: BULL
my bf just got me the Sperone backpack from the Louis Vuitton store yesterday and one strap has patina and wrinkles at the bottom. the other strap has no wrinkles but is darker from having patina. In the first pic, the left strap is darker and it looks much darker in person

6286A509-AF18-4883-9ECE-42D786A09DDD.jpeg

3C13CBF5-5C89-47BA-A0B5-0DB279A25927.jpeg

D38F211D-C592-473B-807E-EE59D325A7E3.jpeg

If it really bothers you that much. But this is a product made from natural materials, most probably the straps came from different sheets of cowhide. And since VVN is untreated and shows the rawest form of animal skin, it shows everything honestly. Wrinkles and tones. Just like us people, the skin colour of the cows also varies. And when bent, they wrinkle. Eventually both ends will be like that. This is why I always recommend a thorough inspection while in store, and when possible, bringing the person getting the gift along.
If you don't like it, you can take it back, but at the end of the day, these are not manufacturing flaws, and they kinda make your bag one-of-a-kind.

POCHETTE MÉTIS 2018-
Parts of the canvas is peeling in different areas a along the edge and part of the glazing is lifting ever so lightly on the front flap. Do you think it needs to be brought in? What will happen if I do?

UPDATE: took it into LV and the guy took it upstairs and he said they have a tool that shaves off all those white pieces that are peeling and said it’s residue from possibly glue and they do this all the time... ?

and the area that I’m concerned about the glazing coming apart - they can have it repaired but will cost $160cdn.

Would you say this stitching is okay? I noticed where the double stitching begins its a Little crooked

View attachment 5066585View attachment 5066586
NO! I am starting to lose it...
I am always defending double stitches, most people don't understand them and find them to be a flaw. They are necessary. Where they are. On a Keepall, they are not! Mine has none on the leather strips. No reinforcement is needed like that, since is has those metal rivets on both ends. They are especially not necessery in the middle of nowhere. This is a sloppy job. Looks like they ran out of thread in the middle, finished the seam and started anew. But it cannot be the case, since the manufacturing process doesn't involve humans in this stage (you don't wanna know how these are made).
First they changed the leather on Macassar, now they release bags like this. I am angry about these.
I recommend you to contact Louis Vuitton. They sould apologize and give you another one.

Reactions: magnustin and _vee
NO! I am starting to lose it...
I am always defending double stitches, most people don't understand them and find them to be a flaw. They are necessary. Where they are. On a Keepall, they are not! Mine has none on the leather strips. No reinforcement is needed like that, since is has those metal rivets on both ends. They are especially not necessery in the middle of nowhere. This is a sloppy job. Looks like they ran out of thread in the middle, finished the seam and started anew. But it cannot be the case, since the manufacturing process doesn't involve humans in this stage (you don't wanna know how these are made).
First they changed the leather on Macassar, now they release bags like this. I am angry about these.
I recommend you to contact Louis Vuitton. They sould apologize and give you another one.

The new macassar leather also have really visible seams, compared to the old leather where you have to look really hard to find where the seams are. I noticed all the new bags have double stitching on the backside for some reason, but they should look better than this.

LV will probably state that nothing is perfect, and this is hand made :P But we will see. I dont know if its their policy to admit a faulty item, or that they just will say: We will exchange your bag and pretend its nothing

I noticed all the new bags have double stitching on the backside for some reason, but they should look better than this.
WOW, really? I mean in come cases it is reasonable, but even here, it could be on the top 5 stitches, that are horizontal.
If they come with the handmade bs, I will show you the machine that does this stitching for them on both leather strips in under a second.

WOW, really? I mean in come cases it is reasonable, but even here, it could be on the top 5 stitches, that are horizontal.
If they come with the handmade bs, I will show you the machine that does this stitching for them on both leather strips in under a second.
Yes it its, I have seen several of my friends bags as well. On both the leather straps on the backside they do double stitching in that same place. Im OK with that, mine is just a little crooked. Makes it stand out a little. You can even see the double stitching on the bags on the LV website if you zoom in on the backside of the bags.

I like the idea of the 5 stitches on the top of the strap, you should work at LV :biggrin:

Last edited: