"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Hi guys,

I've just recently started getting into expanding my Louis Vuitton collection and had managed to score the Monogram cles/key pouch on the website. It arrived today, but I'm not sure if I should keep it, the stitching on the corners and sides don't look so good! Since I'm kinda new to this, I don't know if it's normal. It's date code shows that it was made in the 6th week of 2020 and it was also made in France. Would you keep it?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_0576.JPG IMG_0704.JPG

Reactions: Strep2031
I guess it’s normal for it to look pulled like that which is why I returned a mono one, and will never buy another one. I highly dislike how it’s made in comparison to the other key pouches. I don’t think it can be avoided with the way this key pouch is constructed though (looks like stitched then flipped inside out). The other style key pouches are not like this & are much better made in my opinion, hence the lower price point on this one VS the others.

I guess it’s normal for it to look pulled like that which is why I returned a mono one, and will never buy another one. I highly dislike how it’s made in comparison to the other key pouches. I don’t think it can be avoided with the way this key pouch is constructed though (looks like stitched then flipped inside out). The other style key pouches are not like this & are much better made in my opinion, hence the lower price point on this one VS the others.
Same - I saw one in store that looked like this and hated how it looked. I got one from the Gucci Outlet instead that has piping all around it to cover up the stitching.

I have this same cles, I got it years ago and mines does not look like that. However with that said I do not think it looks bad, not worth hassle of return in my opinion.

Yes, normal. All mine look like that. You would be in a return spiral trying to find a "perfect" one since the boutiques are closed. (If the stores were open I'd say maybe go in and see if you find one you like better.)

Hi ladies! I bought a mono key pouch yesterday and I just received it today. I am thinking I might have gotten a return. When I took it out of the dust bag, it smelled like someone had wiped it with a lemon scented disinfectant wipe. It smells like lemons on the outside and inside :confused1: The canvas also does not feel as "smooth" as my Victorine wallet. This is probably due to the wipe. I also noticed that the canvas on my key pouch looks lighter than my Victorine wallet. I will post a picture of what they both look like for comparison. Could someone please tell me if the key pouch is normal? I would really appreciate it! :heart:

Attachments

• IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 483
I agree that it appears normal (looks like mine and I think the difference in appearance of the canvas could be due to a number of factors so I wouldn’t consider that abnormal), but if you are not happy then return and go for another one! Don’t keep something unless your heart flutters for it! ☺️

Looks fine to me. But you have a list of reasons why you don't like it, so I say return.

In the past I have read stories where someone did an exchange and got the same item back. So if you can afford it, you might want to get the new one first and be sure you like it better and then return that one.

Reactions: KimTX and pixip