Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Chellyx

Apr 17, 2015
Hey guys, I just received a speedy b 30, and I was wondering if there was recently a change made in the stamping - the embossed stamp that is usually on the side of the bag, on the leather strip. Mine doesn't have it, and I cant find anything regarding it. I read several places that date code tags have been removed, but havent seen anything about this. I'm not 100% sold on the size, so I'm semi concerned about it being a problem if I decide to sell later. tempImageryfbAv.png tempImageCSnA6g.png

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
Hey guys, I just received a speedy b 30, and I was wondering if there was recently a change made in the stamping - the embossed stamp that is usually on the side of the bag, on the leather strip. Mine doesn't have it, and I cant find anything regarding it. I read several places that date code tags have been removed, but havent seen anything about this. I'm not 100% sold on the size, so I'm semi concerned about it being a problem if I decide to sell later. View attachment 5068484 View attachment 5068482
Probably a Made in USA piece. Since the microchip era started, they do it like this. Even if you sell someday, all new Speedys will be like this, so it won't be a problem.

Chellyx

Apr 17, 2015
Probably a Made in USA piece. Since the microchip era started, they do it like this. Even if you sell someday, all new Speedys will be like this, so it won't be a problem.
Have you seen the missing stamp before? I’m also curious what makes you think it’s a made in USA piece. I’m in Europe and don’t think I’ve ever come across one before, so just wondering what the differences are!

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
Have you seen the missing stamp before? I’m also curious what makes you think it’s a made in USA piece. I’m in Europe and don’t think I’ve ever come across one before, so just wondering what the differences are!
Sorry, there were quite some similar Made in questions recently from the US, that I assumed that you are there. Louis Vuitton is trying to downplay the 'French brand' recently. Many customers have issues with Made in Spain, Italy and especially USA bags, since they prefer Vuittons to be made in France. So many exhange stories and threads are out there where people are debating to exchange or worrying about quality differences. LV certainly had enough of SAs forced to hunt down Made in France pieces, and they try to conceal this info. As far as I understood, they removed the Made in tags from the USA bags quite a while ago, so they only say "Louis Vuitton Paris" on the stamps. I thought that they left the French bags intact, but now I am starting to have a theory, that on the bags that are made in several places all over the world, they don't have the marking anymore, so there won't be 'better' Speedys in the future. If you bought it in Europe, then it is most certainly was made in Ducey, since most of the canvas Keepalls and Speedys are made there in Normandy. But it is still very interesting that they are doing this now.

Reactions: DAMER and Chellyx

LL777

May 2, 2014
Hey guys, I just received a speedy b 30, and I was wondering if there was recently a change made in the stamping - the embossed stamp that is usually on the side of the bag, on the leather strip. Mine doesn't have it, and I cant find anything regarding it. I read several places that date code tags have been removed, but havent seen anything about this. I'm not 100% sold on the size, so I'm semi concerned about it being a problem if I decide to sell later. View attachment 5068484 View attachment 5068482
I received mine yesterday and it has the stamping on the side.

Attachments

lisaa.yuav

Apr 1, 2021
Hello! I got another one for exchange. First SA told me this will go away 100% she even gave me her word, but well what if it’s not?? :shocked:

She asked if I want to see another one, and I got that one instead. The other SA was surprised how much wrinkles it had, and how I could flatten out almost all of it lol

so yup I got no a non crinkled Neverfull, also made in France. Please don’t mind the background:lol:
You’re so lucky. Mine looks like that and I took it in to the LV in Vegas Caesar Palace. The sweet SA said I can exchange it for a better one since it’s still well within the 30 days. The manager came and wasn’t so nice. She said they can only submit pictures to QA for a repair. Still haven’t heard from them and it’s been a little over a week. Guess I’m stuck with it now since the 30 days is up. I was super bum and disappointed with that manager.

Zoezampalunga

Nov 3, 2015
Italy
This happened to me when I bought my speedy b 30 in 2015. there was no ”made in” stamp on the leather strip. The sa apologized and changed it on The spot with a new one. She told me that they simply forgot to stamp it. The bag was faulty

nannch

Jan 19, 2016
You’re so lucky. Mine looks like that and I took it in to the LV in Vegas Caesar Palace. The sweet SA said I can exchange it for a better one since it’s still well within the 30 days. The manager came and wasn’t so nice. She said they can only submit pictures to QA for a repair. Still haven’t heard from them and it’s been a little over a week. Guess I’m stuck with it now since the 30 days is up. I was super bum and disappointed with that manager.
Wow that’s not so nice from them. I’m not an expert, but I read here that they don’t do repair on canvas either. Maybe try going again and see what they will do?

I’m not sure stuffing it will flatten it out. Mine one was pretty deep. It doesn’t look so bad but when touching it, I can feel it’s pretty sharp crinkle, the SA said the same also.

I think it’s time you step up the drama with them a little :no:
If I haven’t used the bag, I would try refund saying I was waiting for their response that why I miss the refund window then order a new one.

nannch

Jan 19, 2016
I understand that regardless where it was made, the bag should be at least stamped Louise Vuitton Paris

I would ask the SA if this is the new norm or defect.

mynguyen

Apr 22, 2021
Hello, I need some advice, I just received this bag, and I was happy to open it, the design is very nice and the stitching is very even, but it has a scratch on the handle of the bag, very small but it was annoying because the leather was peeled off, and the place I circled it was wrinkled, and I had intention to ignore it until I saw a pale blue stain on the strap, and I saw a bumped on one side of the bag, it made me between keep it or return it:sad:. What’s do you think I attached the pictures below. Please excuse my english:smile:.

Attachments

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
Hello, I need some advice, I just received this bag, and I was happy to open it, the design is very nice and the stitching is very even, but it has a scratch on the handle of the bag, very small but it was annoying because the leather was peeled off, and the place I circled it was wrinkled, and I had intention to ignore it until I saw a pale blue stain on the strap, and I saw a bumped on one side of the bag, it made me between keep it or return it:sad:. What’s do you think I attached the pictures below. Please excuse my english:smile:.
It looks fine, except for the blue stain, that is not OK.

LemonDrop

a Fendi bag and a bad attitude
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
USA
So I just got a new cosmetic pouch GM. Am I to understand there is no date code (I don’t see one) but I also don’t see any kind of scan code. Except on the product sticker. Is this correct?