Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
Would you say this stitching is okay? I noticed where the double stitching begins its a Little crooked

View attachment 5066585 View attachment 5066586
NO! I am starting to lose it...
I am always defending double stitches, most people don't understand them and find them to be a flaw. They are necessary. Where they are. On a Keepall, they are not! Mine has none on the leather strips. No reinforcement is needed like that, since is has those metal rivets on both ends. They are especially not necessery in the middle of nowhere. This is a sloppy job. Looks like they ran out of thread in the middle, finished the seam and started anew. But it cannot be the case, since the manufacturing process doesn't involve humans in this stage (you don't wanna know how these are made).
First they changed the leather on Macassar, now they release bags like this. I am angry about these.
I recommend you to contact Louis Vuitton. They sould apologize and give you another one.

Reactions: magnustin and _vee

castortroy666

Feb 8, 2021
NO! I am starting to lose it...
I am always defending double stitches, most people don't understand them and find them to be a flaw. They are necessary. Where they are. On a Keepall, they are not! Mine has none on the leather strips. No reinforcement is needed like that, since is has those metal rivets on both ends. They are especially not necessery in the middle of nowhere. This is a sloppy job. Looks like they ran out of thread in the middle, finished the seam and started anew. But it cannot be the case, since the manufacturing process doesn't involve humans in this stage (you don't wanna know how these are made).
First they changed the leather on Macassar, now they release bags like this. I am angry about these.
I recommend you to contact Louis Vuitton. They sould apologize and give you another one.
The new macassar leather also have really visible seams, compared to the old leather where you have to look really hard to find where the seams are. I noticed all the new bags have double stitching on the backside for some reason, but they should look better than this.

LV will probably state that nothing is perfect, and this is hand made :P But we will see. I dont know if its their policy to admit a faulty item, or that they just will say: We will exchange your bag and pretend its nothing

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
I noticed all the new bags have double stitching on the backside for some reason, but they should look better than this.
WOW, really? I mean in come cases it is reasonable, but even here, it could be on the top 5 stitches, that are horizontal.
If they come with the handmade bs, I will show you the machine that does this stitching for them on both leather strips in under a second.

castortroy666

Feb 8, 2021
WOW, really? I mean in come cases it is reasonable, but even here, it could be on the top 5 stitches, that are horizontal.
If they come with the handmade bs, I will show you the machine that does this stitching for them on both leather strips in under a second.
Yes it its, I have seen several of my friends bags as well. On both the leather straps on the backside they do double stitching in that same place. Im OK with that, mine is just a little crooked. Makes it stand out a little. You can even see the double stitching on the bags on the LV website if you zoom in on the backside of the bags.

I like the idea of the 5 stitches on the top of the strap, you should work at LV :biggrin:

Last edited:

qp24

Apr 25, 2021
Hi everyone, I need your advice. I bought my first LV piece, Rosalie coin purse and the stitching looks odd. Thanks in advance

FE703A3B-B0FE-4634-8027-CCAD89BC4B75.jpeg

F052C040-F146-4CD7-9E15-2A07837A19A3.jpeg

86C86C33-9E72-496C-8C39-4F9807292BAD.jpeg

C1973C11-3FB2-4BA6-9FA2-A5601524F4AE.jpeg

Last edited:

gwang0914

Dec 16, 2020
Recently I was able to stalked PSM online but when i received it, i find the front alignments were slightly off. Being a mom to 2 toddlers and working from hone, i have no time to go to the store to inspect another PSM in person. Anyway, so my friend was able to got one for me from the store(without sending me pics first). Then i noticed the stitching was off on the left side of the bag from the back! My position now is to return both. Can you tell me if it’s the quality issue or am i being too picky?

Attachments

lisaa.yuav

Apr 1, 2021
Very sad that my neverfull arrived with this marking on the pouch how does online returns work ?

View attachment 5067729 View attachment 5067729 View attachment 5067733

There should be a return label that came in the Louis Vuitton envelope. Just go online into your account, under your order category, initiate the Request a Return. Make sure to include the box, dust bag, web/original receipt... (everything it came with). Remove the adhesive on the card board box, sealed the box, and put the sticky return label over your address and drop it off at a UPS with no charge. I just had to do a return with my nvfull cherry interior, somehow the handles straps were sewn with red threads and not the yellow threading. Not sure how that passed their QA process. LOL!!! Refund takes a while to process, so expect at least a good three to four weeks before receiving your funds. Good luck! :smile:

ericavillegas

Jan 9, 2021
Would you keep or return? This is my 2nd Gracefull I returned the first one for excessive wrinkling on the front handle. This one is worse but under the handle along with some slight scuffs on front handle. Should a try one last time to exchange, return for good, or keep and settle? ‍♀

50DDAC73-53BA-4147-926C-DC21ACAF9EC3.jpeg

592EF64B-46A4-4820-AA22-E18CD941A20A.jpeg

EE551D79-8102-4611-A1DB-B34848DBFB69.jpeg

castortroy666

Feb 8, 2021
Would you keep or return? This is my 2nd Gracefull I returned the first one for excessive wrinkling on the front handle. This one is worse but under the handle along with some slight scuffs on front handle. Should a try one last time to exchange, return for good, or keep and settle? ‍♀

It could Been better, then again it could Be Worse. I would exchange. You dont seem satisfied enough, and you should be. Try another bag and take it from there.