"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Hi everyone, bought this grand cabas a few months ago and I am bit unhappy with the stitching at the base of this bag. There is a wide separation between the 2 bands that join together compared to the other one at the bottom.

The other flaw in the second pic is a white marking that seems to be a permanent stain?

Is the stitching alone enough to be a cause for concern? This is monogram eclipse and I hear the quality is not so good as the other canvas.

20210130_110857.jpg

Attachments

• 20210130_105034.jpg
    20210130_105034.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 27
Hello dear, has anyone experienced this on their LV Twist MM lock? (i circle with blue mark on the second picture to make it clear)

Because my speedy B 30 (which way cheaper bag than this Twist) didn’t have this kind of issue on its hardware.

I’ve never used this bag since i bought it (march 2019),,and i store this bag very pristine in her dust bag standing alone.

Today when i checked the bag,,i noticed this things? I don’t know what is it, is it kind of rust? The rusts are quite a lot, almost change the Twist lock into polkadot pattern which kind of gross for me ..Do you think it’s normal for a non used expensive bag to experience this?
This is not normal and should not happen. For the price you paid, you definitely need to contact customer service. They will ask you to send in photos. Or you can make an appointment with your local LV to get the bag assessed. It will only get worse. Good luck!!

Hi, i just notice that there is a black spot on my pochette metis reverse that looks like the canvas is rubbed off. Can you advise if this is consider a defect? What can I do to get this fixed?

Fyi I bought this about 1 year ago but has never been used, and always being kept in the dustbag.
5D54BBEC-5176-4D79-BE41-07EB9C46409E.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Loriad
Hi, i just notice that there is a black spot on my pochette metis reverse that looks like the canvas is rubbed off. Can you advise if this is consider a defect? What can I do to get this fixed?

Fyi I bought this about 1 year ago but has never been used, and always being kept in the dustbag.
View attachment 4975476
That’s poor craftsmanship of the glazing getting onto the canvas when they were making it. I bought one and returned one that’s way worse. I don’t know if you can see it but it’s there.

A7F00B8A-81F7-45CB-ADB5-B742A1A69D9B.jpeg

4D4A58D4-9C82-4198-BB7D-B2666ABE00BE.jpeg

BB22B61E-FDD4-4652-ADAF-00C25A51DCCA.jpeg

Hello! I recently purchased my first LV after a very long hunt to find the Neverfull that sang to me. :yahoo:

I absolutely love it but I'm not sure if some of the coloring is normal or not. The "Vuitton" font on the bag itself is not a bright white like the "Vuitton" on the pochette is (photo below for comparison since it otherwise just looks like bad lighting). Also, the green checkered section on the bag is also not bright white but the same more muted ever so slight reddish-white as on the "Vuitton" font. In looking at photos of other Race collection Neverfulls, some appear to look like mine, others appear to be a brighter white but it's really hard to tell. Photos below for comparison and to hopefully help show what I'm talking about.

So, is this normal? Like I said, this is my first LV so any expert guidance is much appreciated!

IMG-9119.jpgIMG-9118.jpgIMG-9117.jpg

Reactions: Strep2031

View attachment 4975476
I don't have a PM, but if you don't use it and it just sit in the dust bag then it shouldn't be peeling. Can you stop by the store to let them take a look at?

Hi everyone, bought this grand cabas a few months ago and I am bit unhappy with the stitching at the base of this bag. There is a wide separation between the 2 bands that join together compared to the other one at the bottom.

The other flaw in the second pic is a white marking that seems to be a permanent stain?

Is the stitching alone enough to be a cause for concern? This is monogram eclipse and I hear the quality is not so good as the other canvas.

View attachment 4974975
I have a Monogram Eclipse Keepall and I feel like the quality is the same as my other canvas bags. I think the second picture just shows a scratch.

But the gap in the stitching would bother me.

Reactions: Highendlessbag
just purchased the LV Neverfull MM in DE and noticed a single red stitch on the outside handle. Would you consider this a defective bag?

View attachment 4684387

View attachment 4684388
Many times, Lv uses brown top thread and red bobbin thread for DE pieces that have a red inside lining. In this case, it's the red bobbin thread that is slightly showing.
This is quite common with DE pieces that have red lining inside.

Reactions: DAMER
I have a Monogram Eclipse Keepall and I feel like the quality is the same as my other canvas bags. I think the second picture just shows a scratch.

But the gap in the stitching would bother me.
Thanks, my SA took some photos and sent it to their quality report department and this department is in turn wanting a physical inspection of this bag. We will bring it to the LV store tomorrow so they could do the inspection. Do you think they will replace it with a new bag? I don’t think it is reparable as it is as it would mean they would unstitch and restitch the whole thing.

I bought this on LV online (US website) and received it today. It’s the Pocket Organizer in Cobalt and I absolutely love the color.

But as you can see, the “made” stamp came faded. Will this become an issue further down the road? Will LV re-stamp it for me? Do you think it will not look authentic if I try to resell it in the future?

I’m trying very hard to rationalize keeping this purchase because I need to drive 1 hour to get to the store for an exchange (they have stock there).

F444702C-3FC1-40E9-A342-C97ECDFB9130.png

Reactions: Strep2031
I bought this on LV online (US website) and received it today. It’s the Pocket Organizer in Cobalt and I absolutely love the color.

But as you can see, the “made” stamp came faded. Will this become an issue further down the road? Will LV re-stamp it for me? Do you think it will not look authentic if I try to resell it in the future?

I’m trying very hard to rationalize keeping this purchase because I need to drive 1 hour to get to the store for an exchange (they have stock there).

View attachment 4978099

Just my personal opinion, but it's so miniscule. I have a few items that are stamped in the gold or silver metallic paint that appear faded. It's common.

Reactions: Etriers
Hi guys, I recently bought a nano speedy and I noticed that one side of the strap looks neatly stitched but the other side looks like it’s going every which way, of thinner thread, and almost ripping the leather. Is this normal? or are both sides supposed to be nice and neat like the alma bb? Thank you!875F7BD9-3DA5-4C18-83AD-A49ECF648C82.jpegBE52D3EA-55F9-4535-BF72-C996EF1BE611.jpeg

Hi guys, I recently bought a nano speedy and I noticed that one side of the strap looks neatly stitched but the other side looks like it’s going every which way, of thinner thread, and almost ripping the leather. Is this normal? or are both sides supposed to be nice and neat like the alma bb? Thank you!View attachment 4979636View attachment 4979637
That’s normal because of needle puncture one side to another.

Reactions: DAMER