Is this Marni bag large enough for school stuff?

2hype

Aug 29, 2008
So this is the bag I would really like, but the price is a bit too steep for me:

http://www.marni.com/item/MARNI+Han...CD7/rr/1/cod10/45115314W9/areaid/35/st//pg/14

So I was thinking about getting this instead:

http://www.marni.com/item/MARNI+Bal...CD7/rr/1/cod10/45115334W9/areaid/35/st//pg/17

According to the website it's a medium sized bag. 19.5 x 6.6 x 13.7 inches. Do you think it's big enough for carrying to school without looking stuffed? I need to put a notebook or two, pens, pencils, wallet, small makeup bag, maybe a regular book (but not a big textbook), phone, sandwich, and a small bottle of water in it. It's hard for me to tell from the measurements how it will look when it is filled.

Also, do you think the Marni balloon bag is too played out?

shoulderache

May 24, 2007
Arizona
I don't think it is played out--I haven't seen any other designers copy it yet even. If you want to know if all of your stuff will fit in it, get some paper and a tape measure and build a paper model and see if you can put all of your stuff in it. Personally, I think it is big enough to fit a kindergartener in, so I don't see how all of your stuff wouldn't fit. That is a great bag!!

2hype

Aug 29, 2008
I don't think it is played out--I haven't seen any other designers copy it yet even. If you want to know if all of your stuff will fit in it, get some paper and a tape measure and build a paper model and see if you can put all of your stuff in it. Personally, I think it is big enough to fit a kindergartener in, so I don't see how all of your stuff wouldn't fit. That is a great bag!!
Thanks for your help. If it's big enough for a kindergartner, I probably needn't worry!

2hype

Aug 29, 2008
Nevermind. I've already talked myself out of spending that kind of money for a bag! I do love them though!

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
I absolutely love marni but I am not sure I would use them for carrying school stuff. They are too expensive and they are made from very delicate leathers.