Is this how a neverfull is now?

wobertow

O.G.
Apr 3, 2011
I recently was choosing between a rose ballerine vs beige interior neverfull mm. I had a problem with the leather lining of the RB that was delivered (from an LV store) so i returned that and bought another one through the lv website
I’m curious, the one from the store had a leather tag inside that says made in the USA. The one that was shipped from the LV store has no tag like that at all.
Interestingly, the beige interior has a tag that says made in the USA, but it was on a fabric type tag not leather as in the store bought LV.
I own a neverful damier ebene and it does have that fabric tag too. This i bought 6-7yrs ago

It is just so weird and disappointing that LV does not standardize this. I feel like when there are so many counterfeits out there, standardizing would be very helpful to protect buyers from buying a fake

what do you all think? To those that own a damier azur neverfull rb, does it have a tag inside? Leather or fabric?

Attachments

• 6CB05041-F8B6-401D-8F1B-DD958BF736F3.jpeg
    6CB05041-F8B6-401D-8F1B-DD958BF736F3.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 620
  • 81F29EF1-972C-4244-88CD-1242D1DEB993.jpeg
    81F29EF1-972C-4244-88CD-1242D1DEB993.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 630
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 615
Its because the one that was ship from the store is made in france. Made in USA bags has this tag. This is the only difference from other bags that are made in france and italy. as far as i know. i hope someone will chime in and correct me if im wrong.
To answer the OP’s question as to why some are cloth made in USA tags and some are leather, not sure why. Maybe they were running low on Vachetta during the pandemic and were saving all the leather pieces they could? The fabric tag is on most pieces anyway.

Reactions: cielopark
I recently was choosing between a rose ballerine vs beige interior neverfull mm. I had a problem with the leather lining of the RB that was delivered (from an LV store) so i returned that and bought another one through the lv website
I’m curious, the one from the store had a leather tag inside that says made in the USA. The one that was shipped from the LV store has no tag like that at all.
Interestingly, the beige interior has a tag that says made in the USA, but it was on a fabric type tag not leather as in the store bought LV.
I own a neverful damier ebene and it does have that fabric tag too. This i bought 6-7yrs ago

It is just so weird and disappointing that LV does not standardize this. I feel like when there are so many counterfeits out there, standardizing would be very helpful to protect buyers from buying a fake

what do you all think? To those that own a damier azur neverfull rb, does it have a tag inside? Leather or fabric?
I just bought neverfull mm with red interior and it has a leather tag. My neverfull gm has a fabric tag. I’m wondering if they use leather with the colored interiors and fabric with the beige? The beige just blends with the fabric but it would look terrible against the red interior. I was searching for the very same question when I saw your post. :smile:

Its because the one that was ship from the store is made in france. Made in USA bags has this tag. This is the only difference from other bags that are made in france and italy. as far as i know. i hope someone will chime in and correct me if im wrong.
The picture OP posted has a leather tag that says made in USA so it's not made in France. Bags made in Italy or France have the "Made in" stamping under the LV stamping whereas the US ones have the LV stamping alone and then an additional tag somewhere else that say "Made in USA of imported materials". This additional tag can be leather or fabric. I have a NF in DE made in USA and the additional tag for mine is leather.

The picture OP posted has a leather tag that says made in USA so it's not made in France. Bags made in Italy or France have the "Made in" stamping under the LV stamping whereas the US ones have the LV stamping alone and then an additional tag somewhere else that say "Made in USA of imported materials". This additional tag can be leather or fabric. I have a NF in DE made in USA and the additional tag for mine is leather.

Yes i am aware of that. Thats why i said, The bag that has been shipped to her from the LV is "made in france".

"The one that was shipped from the LV store has no tag like that at all."

Reactions: JadaStormy
Random tag story: I am selling a MIF bag and one buyer asked for a pic of the tag on the inside. I informed her that's only the MiUSA bags and I never heard from her again (I assume she questioned the authenticity because there was no tag). Clearly there is some misinformation going around about the tags on the inside. One of the reasons people prefer MIF is because there is no tag!

Reactions: M_Butterfly
Random tag story: I am selling a MIF bag and one buyer asked for a pic of the tag on the inside. I informed her that's only the MiUSA bags and I never heard from her again (I assume she questioned the authenticity because there was no tag). Clearly there is some misinformation going around about the tags on the inside. One of the reasons people prefer MIF is because there is no tag!
This is so interesting. MY preference is to buy bags MIF or MIS. LOL

Reactions: JadaStormy