Is this HL outfit appropriate for a wedding?

meowmeow

bags & shoes addict + wanderluster
O.G.
Mar 31, 2006
I will be attending a wedding in a couple weeks. Is this HL dress appropriate for a wedding? Does this white shrug go with the dress? TIA!!;)

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 294
  • hl-back.jpg
    hl-back.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 189
I try to not wear black to a wedding, looks so down. But if it was like a black and white print then I would. However, I notice A LOT of people wearing black dresses. So on that note.. I love the dress, but personally would ditch the shaw thingy. :yes:

I'm not keen on the combination with the white jacket. I think this would be best paired with a shawl (purple/blue), a clutch & maybe a pair of stilettos or pointed pumps instead of round toed pumps.

Black is increasingly being seen worn at weddings so I wouldn't be too worried about not being able to wear this dress since it's not overly revealing. The best thing to do would be to check with the couple though, because some races may look at black as being taboo at weddings.

Love the Dress I would wear a pashmina or shawl with it in Red , Purple Etc not the shrugged .
Liflobowl suggestions were right on !
Funny you mention this topic .
I am wera a HL dress to a wedding ** Natasha Flame **
and I was concerned intially that it maybe too much .

If it is an evening wedding the dress would be fine. I agree with the other comments about the accessories. The shrug looks very "wintery" to me, the bag is a bit too large, and the shoes would be fine if they were an open toe/strappy metallic.

Thanks everyone for your comments! I will definitely NOT wear the shrug with this dress then. I might just wear this other dress I have which has pattern and more colorful. Maybe I will post pictures for your comments again since you guys are sooooo helpful! :graucho:

lilflobowl - will definitely try a purple/blue shawl with the dress

Rimma13 - I agree that a clutch will work better

Jeneen - yes, it is for a night reception

grayxie - you are right, it is a winter shrug. And I do think that the bag is a bit too large.... It was just there so I tried it on with the outfit

I love this HL dress but have no where to wear it too! That's why I wanted to wear it to the wedding.... the more I think about it, the more I think I should just sell it .... :confused1:

Actually meowmeow, I've seen this dress in person & feel it's a keeper. You can definitely wear it to the wedding & I'm sure you'll be a head-turner!

It may seem a bit formal it's really how you accessorise the dress; for e.g. if you wear it with a blazer you could possibly wear it for semi-formal occasions, etc.

The dress looks good but get a light summery wrap in a bright colour like purple to offset a complete black outfit look for a wedding. The bag is too big and boxy for the occasion and for the dress - an oversized clutch would look a look nicer with your HL dress. I don't know but there's something about the shoes that I just don't find that it works with your dress - maybe a pair of higher metallic strappy heels would be better?