Is this herve leger dress too sexy for a wedding?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love this dress too, but it could look too "sexy" for the morning ceremony if you wear it on its own. Perhaps you could wear a pashmina/shawl with it in the morning? I think it would be perfect for the evening reception

2. ^^ My thoughts exactly.

3. I think that would look great!

4. Thanks so much for your replies. I haven't been to a wedding in ages - last time was when I was a flower girl like 20 years ago. :sad:

So I wasn't sure if you could change after the ceremony. I do love the dress though. Arghh, if only it wasn't so expensive. I will have to think it over this evening.

5. It could be toned down with a fitted blazer on top.

6. Stunning dress, but I agree with everything that's been said above ;)

7. I love that dress too. Definitely if you cover up a bit for the ceremony, it would work.

8. That dress is fab! Great colors, but a bit too revealing for a ceremony.

9. Echoing everyone's thoughts. Lovely dress but a little short for a morning ceremony. :smile:

10. Too sexy for a wedding IMO.

11. It can definitely be toned down with a pashmina shawl, yes! I actually just saw pictures of Cheryl Cole, who's in the UK pop group Girls Aloud, at a wedding and she wore a Hervé Léger dress. It was similar to this one:
    http://www.intermixonline.com/jump.jsp?itemID=23762&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=herve+leger
    It was that light grey one and it had a couple other colours in vertical stripes, maybe about 4 stripes, while the rest was grey. If you wait a minute, I'll get a picture.

12. I think it will work for the ceremony with a pashmina. That seems like a more conservative HL dress. Love it!

13. That's the dress Heidi wore at the Hills premiere party! I love it but I wouldn't wear it to a wedding because it's tight AND shows a lot of skin.