Is this Gucci tacky?

OogleAtLuxury

Nov 14, 2017
I have a Gucci card card in the Guccissima leather, and I've absolutely loved using it over the last 3 years. Now I have a career milestone coming up, so my husband I agree I should treat myself to something nice (~$1K). I stumbled upon this bag on Fashionphile's website - https://www.fashionphile.com/gucci-guccissima-signature-top-handle-boston-red-571716

I can't decide if it's gorgeous or incredibly tacky to walk around with that Guccissima leather all across a bag. I would never use this bag in a professional setting or around family when travelling because of weird attitudes towards designer things, so it'd be strictly a weekend/errands bag.

1608058993905.png1608058999017.png

Last edited:
It wouldn't be my thing, mainly due to the colour, but tacky, nope, btw I have a pair of gloves in black and with the imprint, you have to get seriously close to see the embossing in the leather, it usually looks like a slight pattern on black leather gloves, not showy and if you want to laugh, my purse was picked and the gloves were in, they took the coin purse which didn't have much in it and was MiuMiu but left the gloves...

Well looks like I played myself! Bag sold after I posted it here. Should never advertise my finds on the PurseForum. (I'm just joking, of course. It already had 80 likes on Fashionphile.)

Lol. It's happened to all of us. It may be for the best since you had some doubts. I do not think it's tacky, though. For a Gucci bag, it is actually more subdued. If you are a bag lady like the rest of us, something else will pop up soon, lol. Congratulations on your career milestone!

there's a similar one on Brandalley. Not sure if they ship outside UK but putting it out here as you said that the one you were looking at is sold out. I noticed it too recently and it looks great :loveeyes:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201216-141641_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201216-141641_Chrome.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: OogleAtLuxury
there's a similar one on Brandalley. Not sure if they ship outside UK but putting it out here as you said that the one you were looking at is sold out. I noticed it too recently and it looks great :loveeyes:

Unless I'm mistaken (and I am definitely not an expert on Gucci like some of the authenticators in this thread), I think the Microguccissima print is outlet only. I have an outlet key case in that print, and it's noticeably thinner than the Guccissima that I got from the retail store. It looks beautiful still, but I don't think it's worth the price for me. Not to be a negative Nancy, because it is gorgeous! :smile:

I compare them here to give you a sense of what I mean. The quality difference is really noticeable to me, and I'm someone that does not usually poo poo at made for outlet pieces. (I love me a good Coach outlet style!) I think you can tell if it's made for outlet if the tag has a G in a circle on it (but again, am not an expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong).