Is this exotic Celine BOX bag worth the price tag?

1. #1 Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Hi everyone!

I saw this Celine box bag when I was shopping on Rodeo Dr. earlier today and it stopped me in my tracks. I've always wanted a red Celine box bag, but haven't pulled the trigger since I know the box calfskin scratches really easily. I'm very careful with my bags, but I like to choose ones that I don't have to worry too much about. This bag is so so gorgeous to me and I think it's something that I'll be able to wear forever (I'm currently in my late 20s).

Does anyone have any Celine box bags in lizard that could tell me how this bag wears? A few of my worries are:
    1) Price tag is too high for what it is ($6,900)
    2) I won't be able to wear this during the day because it is too dressy
    3) I will need to be super careful with it considering it's lizard skin
    4) It's too shiny/patented looking IMG_0076.jpg IMG_0072.jpg IMG_0068.jpg IMG_0067.jpg

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!!

seikow, Knicole, LilMissCutie and 3 others like this.
  2. I've never had any lizard bags, but I Love this one. The price tag is what's been keeping me from pulling the trigger. I think it can be dressed up or down.

Aluxe likes this.
  3. The tell for me is when you said it stopped you in your tracks! When I have that reaction to a bag it’s pretty much a matter of time before I cave.

As far as the price tag, only you can decide that. I do tend to be hard on my bags, so when I spend any more than say, 2k, I have to feel confident that it will hold up to, well...me.

Stella73 and Aluxe like this.
  4. i saw YouTube videos that lizard skin is "invincible"! i would love to get one for classic box too - green, blue or grey. but not for retail price; too expensive! i am looking for pre-owned.

Stella73 likes this.
  5. I love the celine box bag especially in ombre lizard. This one is very pretty, too. In my experience with lizard, it fares well but still want to be cautious. I got an ombre lizard CDC wet from hand washing and I feel like the spot that was wet has less of a shine than the rest. Hardly noticable but I still see it staring back at me! Lol

Stella73 and Aluxe like this.
  6. worth it. i don't have a lizard one...i have a regular leather one that i never use because it scratches so easily and doesn't fit w my lifestyle (i can't baby a bag that much). every time i think about that bag (i love the shape and style), I wish i had a lizard one (I only saw the the lizard ones after i purchased my leather one...i bought it many many years ago so they may not even have had it at the time). if you actually want to use the bag regularly (and not be worrying all the time), then do not get the smooth leather and get the lizard!

Stella73 likes this.
  7. It's beautiful.

You'd be surprised how resilient lizard skin is.

Stella73 likes this.
  8. Thank you so much for this !

9. I didn’t end up buying this bag because I my opinion it’s a little too dressy (I want something that’s a little less shiny and can be worn both very casually and dressed up). Also the price tag was keeping me from pulling the trigger. I’m definitely going to keep my eye out for pre-loved lizard box bags!

klb1021 likes this.
  10. i also have my eye on pre-loved lizard ones..i actually like the small size which is rare but I hope to find one someday!

loves likes this.
  11. i saw one small lizard: https://www.huntstreet.com/sell/celine-small-lizard-box-bag - did not get it as it cant fit my phone!
    while the medium size looks big on me. so... no fate with this classic box design.

klb1021 likes this.
  12. I love your outfit and tattoos :smile:

13. GURL I WAS THERE WITH THE WHOLE ALPHET, TATS AND ALL! Yaaasss.
    *Purse Forum stay inspiring my closet goals :smile: