Is This Dress Too Short??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies! I have been dying to have an occassion to wear this dress, and I have 2 weddings coming up. Is it too short on me? I feel like it looks a touch shorter irl compared to the photos. More than likely I'd wear the shoes pictured. It's an a-line sheath, not tight anywhere so I was hoping that would balance out the length. I could also add a black bandeau underneath if it seems too low cut. Thanks for your opinions!

Attached Files:

2. For a girls night out or a date, its cute. But, for a wedding it's too short, IMO.

3. :smile:

Attached Files:

4. ;)

Attached Files:

5. Sigh...I agree, just hoping I was wrong. It's probably not dressy enough anyway...

6. i don't think it's too short but i agree that it's not dressy for a wedding....
    nice legs....btw. :biggrin:

7. I agree with juneping that it's not too short, but not appropriate for a wedding imo :smile:

8. You look great, but I wouldn't wear that to a wedding. How tall are you? I'm less concerned about the high hemline than I am about the fact that the proportions look too short for you. It should have the appearance of a drop-waist in front too, no? But the colorblock seems to hit a little too high on your hip.

9. You look fabulous in it but, in my opinion, it's not very wedding-appropriate.

10. Unless you are under 19, I honestly think it's too short. Sometimes things can look like someone is trying a little too hard. Just a little longer would be much prettier, and sexier.

11. Thanks girls, I agree, I'm going to keep looking.
    You hit the nail on the head! I'm 5'9" and dresses are difficult. I'll keep looking!

12. It's too short - but with tights, it would be ok.

13. hmmm I think maybe a bit too short for a wedding?

I agree with tights and flat boots it would be really cute, but this would make it more casual :biggrin:

etk I wear dresses and skirts A LOT! i'm 5'10 and agree sometimes its hard to find dresses that are long enough, my fix for dresses that I love but are too short are ballet flats and tights or boots. jeans are even worse to find in a 36 inseam lol!

14. For me, yes, too short.

15. FOr a wedding: too short - especially in a church