Is this diorama too much for day-time?

Jun 20, 2016
I pre-order this diorama in black onyx. It is in the micro-canage finish - which is kind of like a patent leather. Is this too flashy to be worn casually? Also, do you feel that this is too trendy? I want something that I will enjoy for years, should I just stick with a grained leather or perhaps if I'm really into classic look, a lady dior? What do you guys think? This will be my first dior purchase.M0421RSKN_M76K_H0.jpg

I'm looking at that one too, and had the same thought process. Ultimately I think it depends on your personal style, and where you plan on wearing it. Just from online photos, I can see it going well with a rocker-chic or city-slick casual weekend look. Kind of like a Chanel Boy. Until I see it in person, I'm probably leaning towards classic grained leather. My weekend style is VERY casual, as in T shirt and flip flops with minimal jewelry. Thus, a Lady Dior wouldn't work for me at all for this purpose.

Have you seen it in person? Sometimes patent leather is super shiny, other times it's more subtle. Maybe go to the store wearing your everyday clothing and see how it meshes with your overall vibe?

I own this bag and I feel it is the least flashy out of all the metallic micro cannage bags. I've only worn my casually so far. My typical style is leather jacket, skinny jeans, blouse and my biker boots. Although last week I wore my timberland trainers and it still worked very well. I'm not a dressy kind of women, I feel this particular colour is very edgy and works well when worn casually.

Reactions: Hine
I'm looking at that one too, and had the same thought process. Ultimately I think it depends on your personal style, and where you plan on wearing it. Just from online photos, I can see it going well with a rocker-chic or city-slick casual weekend look. Kind of like a Chanel Boy. Until I see it in person, I'm probably leaning towards classic grained leather. My weekend style is VERY casual, as in T shirt and flip flops with minimal jewelry. Thus, a Lady Dior wouldn't work for me at all for this purpose.

Have you seen it in person? Sometimes patent leather is super shiny, other times it's more subtle. Maybe go to the store wearing your everyday clothing and see how it meshes with your overall vibe?

I've seen the medium in person and wanted the small because i liked the size better for crossbody. It's not super shiny in the onyx color. It resembles a glazed leather kind of shine. I do have a caviar Chanel boy which I think goes well with my weekend style which is mainly tshirt and jeans. I like the My Lady Dior a lot - but hoping for a release of grained calf version in a neutral color for more of a casual look. I think this micro cannage is unique but I am a casual dresser and wonder if it will only get used for special occasions. I've never owned patent type bags before so it looks real dressed up.

I own this bag and I feel it is the least flashy out of all the metallic micro cannage bags. I've only worn my casually so far. My typical style is leather jacket, skinny jeans, blouse and my biker boots. Although last week I wore my timberland trainers and it still worked very well. I'm not a dressy kind of women, I feel this particular colour is very edgy and works well when worn casually.

That's very cool. I agree as l think it's the least flashy compared to the other colors. I love the micro cannage but wonder if it wears well over time. How is yours holding up so far?

That's very cool. I agree as l think it's the least flashy compared to the other colors. I love the micro cannage but wonder if it wears well over time. How is yours holding up so far?
The wear of the bag was my concern too, but I couldn't let it slip by when I saw it in the store. I've asked a few different people about the wear on Instagram and they have all reported no issues. I myself have had no issues also and I'm not the most careful with bags. I think a little bit of wear on a bag eventually isn't anything to concern yourself with, just be a little bit more mindful over this particular skin. I've read on here that you should treat it like an exotic, I.e snake skin.

I was choosing between the grey diorama or oynx micro cannage. I actually went in the store to buy the grey, i asked what other colours they had and they brought the oynx out. I immediately knew I was going home with that one, no questions. I do still want the grey but I had to get the oynx as it was there at the time.

Here is a photo of the oynx and the grey that I was going to get until I saw the oynx.

Attachments

• IMG_8086.JPG
    IMG_8086.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 988
  • IMG_8090.JPG
    IMG_8090.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 790
The wear of the bag was my concern too, but I couldn't let it slip by when I saw it in the store. I've asked a few different people about the wear on Instagram and they have all reported no issues. I myself have had no issues also and I'm not the most careful with bags. I think a little bit of wear on a bag eventually isn't anything to concern yourself with, just be a little bit more mindful over this particular skin. I've read on here that you should treat it like an exotic, I.e snake skin.

I was choosing between the grey diorama or oynx micro cannage. I actually went in the store to buy the grey, i asked what other colours they had and they brought the oynx out. I immediately knew I was going home with that one, no questions. I do still want the grey but I had to get the oynx as it was there at the time.

Here is a photo of the oynx and the grey that I was going to get until I saw the oynx.

Thanks so much for the additional feedback. It really gives me some added confidence that maybe I could pull it off during the day! Hopefully I'll feel the same once the bag comes into the store!

Just thought I would pop in with a photo of the micro cannage onyx! I saw it in person, and it's gorgeous! Definitely tempting, and I could see myself using all the time if my style was more dressy or "rocker"/"biker" for lack of better words. It is way shinier than I expected, compared to the stock photos, and also shinier than my photo suggests. I do LOVE it with my work outfit! Ultimately though, I'll trust my instincts and get the bag I'll use more...much, much later this year! I'll be going with the black calf leather with the champagne hardware. I fell in love with it today!

For those worried about the durability, the SA actually told me it's MORE durable than traditional calf leather. Something about it undergoing more glazing, thus protecting the leather further.
IMG_0294.JPG

Reactions: averagejoe
Just thought I would pop in with a photo of the micro cannage onyx! I saw it in person, and it's gorgeous! Definitely tempting, and I could see myself using all the time if my style was more dressy or "rocker"/"biker" for lack of better words. It is way shinier than I expected, compared to the stock photos, and also shinier than my photo suggests. I do LOVE it with my work outfit! Ultimately though, I'll trust my instincts and get the bag I'll use more...much, much later this year! I'll be going with the black calf leather with the champagne hardware. I fell in love with it today!

For those worried about the durability, the SA actually told me it's MORE durable than traditional calf leather. Something about it undergoing more glazing, thus protecting the leather further.
View attachment 3707350
I think it looks great on you, and it adds the perfect touch of glamour. I don't think you need to be more dressy or "rocker"/"biker", as it looks perfect with what you are already wearing.

Good to hear that they have done something to make it more durable.