Is this defective?

shortie182

Aug 2, 2015
I purchased the eva clutch two weeks ago and I noticed that there is a minor tear on the top corner by the zipper. I think when LV cut the top corners they cut one corner a little too far. I am not sure if this tear will get bigger or not. I saw on Yoogies closet there was a few older ones with tears. so today is the last day I can keep this bag or return it for a full refund. but since eva is discontinued, its also probably my last chance at a brand new one. what should I do?

Attachments

• eva clutch 2.png
    eva clutch 2.png
    734.2 KB · Views: 480
I purchased the eva clutch two weeks ago and I noticed that there is a minor tear on the top corner by the zipper. I think when LV cut the top corners they cut one corner a little too far. I am not sure if this tear will get bigger or not. I saw on Yoogies closet there was a few older ones with tears. so today is the last day I can keep this bag or return it for a full refund. but since eva is discontinued, its also probably my last chance at a brand new one. what should I do?
Have you worn/used this bag? If so then LV may be hesitant to accept a return for refund or exchange (not to mention that if they do take it back and decide to resell it that many a customer wouldn't be happy if they knew it was a 'used' return), but if not then it's worth making the request. Try calling in advance to see if any more Evas are available before making your decision.

this is the one at yoogis closet. it says that its common for this style to crack at the top corners. anyone experienced that?
Your best bet would be to check out the Eva clubhouse and see what other owners have to say on the matter. If your bag is unused then LV will no doubt take it back, but if it has been used then you might have difficulty trying to persuade them to do so over the possibility of there being an issue. Worst case scenario is that they say no and you use the bag; if it begins to crack then you can decide on whether to keep or sell (clearly the cracked ones still have a demand) or there's a very good chance that nothing happens and you are still the happy owner of an Eva.

I would return it. I bought one pre-LVoed and when that happened I sold it. Even though it's small, a tear in the canvas is always a deal-breaker for me. DE is the worst because it looks like the bag is bleeding...

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
OK, many may not agree with me, but I would not keep it, 1 the tear, to me it's pretty major, 2 discontinuing piece, that means the price is not going up and will be appear dated several years down the road.

thanks everyone. I actually ended up returning it. it wasn't just the tear. I wasn't in love with it anymore either. I never wore it out. just inside the house. and I just felt like it looked dated. the tear made me even more sure I didn't want to keep it