Is this Crazy or is it just ME? ParisLV

ParisLV

A little getaway
Dec 22, 2010
I saw that someone is selling a Mon Monogram bag on the bay. That's the 2nd one I've seen listed. The problem is... it has her/his initials on it? How many buyers are going to have the same initials? Anyway... just thought it was funny and I thought I'd see if I was the only one who thought so!

well, i wouldn't buy it, but even at the BIN price (and there is the best offer option too to potentially pay even less), it's a lot less than a new one. somebody could easily carry it with the initials turned toward their body.

Last edited:
Not only would the initials need to be the same, you'd want certain colors and stripes. They had a few mon monos at the Hotel Vancouver LV...I don't know if they ever sell them or if they are primarily for display purposes.

Not only would the initials need to be the same, you'd want certain colors and stripes. They had a few mon monos at the Hotel Vancouver LV...I don't know if they ever sell them or if they are primarily for display purposes.

as far as i know, they're just for display to show some of the possibilities. i would assume that any of the stores that have the computer on the floor for in-store ordering have them (i know that's how seattle has theirs). i think i did read a thread on here where somebody actually wanted the exact combo of one of the display pieces, so they convinced the boutique to let them buy it on the spot.

I didn't think about the color and striping options. :lol:

That's exactly why I wouldn't order a mon mono bag with initials, even though I think it completes the look. I think the colors I want are pretty standard, but still.

I suppose there is no place but eBay to try and sell one of those pieces. You'd need a lot of exposure and a lot of luck.

ok, i don't think this is funny now that i look at the actual listing for what looks to be a well cared for authentic bag. that could be a prized item for the owner, and we don't know why they are selling it. they could be selling it because they need the money.

Confession time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the FUNNIEST thing of all! I haven't said this on TPF before because it's just toooo bizzare... but I sold my Mon Mono BEFORE I EVER GOT TO CARRY IT!! :lol::lol::lol:

I did not want my Initials on my bag because I don't know, that seems like a lot of exposure so I put DD, which is what my family called me when I was little (and my sister still does). So I sent picture my friend just to show her my new bag. She has a friend whose initials actually are DD... so she emailed her my pictures just to show her the bag. Well, I got an email from her friend begged me to sell her my bag. She had just started a new job and was constantly on a plane, so she needed a bag that could hold a lot... but get smaller if needed. She could not wait the 4 -6 weeks to get her own and loved my colors. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES! The funny thing is... I'd never seen a NF until mine arrived and I'm NOT about those skinny straps... so I was a little disappointed when it arrived. Then to have her asked to buy it... what a crack up! I didn't make make any money, in fact I sold it for $300 less than retail (and I forgot I'd paid tax) so I took a hit... but she was SO excited to get it and I knew that with a new job money was tight. So I guess it's not unheard of that one would sell... but it just makes me laugh to see one on the bay!

The one on ebay looks brand new....I am guessing finances are a driving decision in selling it.......

and no one is goign to know if those are your initials anyway...so I guess if you were willing to buy it you would save off the retail price, get it quicker, and have the fun colors....

whatever floats your boat:P

Are you referring to the one with "JH" on it? That is funny. "JH"...perhaps a Jimmy Hendrix fan would buy it.

Or Jackson Hewitt

Or they could add an "F" to it and tell people it stands for "just having fun." :lol:

If it is cheap enough, I supposed someone could buy it and wear it on the side without the initials showing.

I think I saw a Mon Mono Reveal (maybe it was Cari's?) and I thought I remembered hers does not have any initials. Smart move, because then a potential buyer only has to like the colors :biggrin:

I would probably buy a pristine/excellent Mon Mono,despite the initials being wrong. That is if the colors are right and I can save some moolah! I'm such a cheapskate I would just make up what the initials mean...if anyone cares to ask :biggrin:

But that may never happen because I'm not crazy about the think straps either :smile: