Is this cornflower? Am I crazy?

jessd

Jess
Mar 18, 2006
So I ordered a city in cornflower, and it came and was beautiful... except for a big ugly scratch on the back (way beyond normal distressing, etc.) so I had to exchange it. At last today I got the new bag, but it seems much darker than I remember the cornflower looking. I've compared it to other pics people have posted of their cornflower bags but mine still seems dark. I've attached pics (at least, I hope they'll get attached!)... what do you guys think? Am I just crazy?? I know it's hard to get a sense from a pic online, but what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_3189.JPG
    IMG_3189.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3190.JPG
    IMG_3190.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3191.JPG
    IMG_3191.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 118
Maybe some of the other girls can post their pics here so you can compare colors. Also, check out the other thread going right now on what is your favorite color- someone has a cornflower twiggy posted that you can compare yours to. But remember, that all dylots are different, which is what makes these bags so unique. Yours really is beautiful! Congrats and enjoy!!!

I agree with Livethelake. That is not cornflower. It is a pretty shade of blue though. Where did you get it from? Here's a pic of my cornflower City for comparison.

Hmmm almost looks inbetween an ink and a cornflower...but when I take a picture of my ink, the flash makes it look much like that first picture..... Isn't there a color # on the balenciaga ticket that comes with the bag (At the top left it says 2006 and then over to the right there is another #,,, is that the color #)?? If that is a color number then maybe give everyone that number and someone with an ink and cornflower can compare?

Actually, here's a better pic of my cornflower City. The last pic I posted it looks darker than it actually is. This pic shows the color better.

jessd, what is the letter on the front of the silver tag? If your bag is from this season, I think it has to be cornflower. Every time I have seen the cornflower in person I always think to myself, "it's much darker than I remember it." I think the camera flash washes the color out sometimes. It might be navy, from Fall 2005, but navy and cornflower (despite what one might deduce from their names) are virtually the same exact color. I think the color on the navy swatch is a little darker than what it is IRL.

I looked at the swatches and I think it looks like cornflower. It's not navy. The cornflower has the "whitish" undertones in the creases and yours has that too.