Is this considered defective?

Cyu511

Dec 14, 2010
I've purchase the bag on January 11, 2013. And I've noticed that the leather bulging. Is that considered defective? Should I call the boutique?
I appreciate feedback

Thanks

image-3088953191.jpg

Attachments

• image-2472832809.jpg
    image-2472832809.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 522
  • image-1168335841.jpg
    image-1168335841.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 519
Personally I think lots of us get very over fussy when we spend the prices that chanel charge, I know I did an it sort of ruined the specialness that buying my bag should of given me. At the end of the day no bag will be perfect. Personally I'd not worry about it, enjoy your lovely bag.

Mmm tat is an usual sign of pulling the leather too hard during the sewing process....

This happens a lot in sewing clothes....

To me, it shows poor craftsmanship.. I wouldn't like it myself.. Hope u make a decision soon

This is my SA's response when I've send him the pics of it

"From what I can see, it may be from normal wear. With all leather handbags, as you use it, the leather softens and sometimes the shape changes. It doesn't appear that it's defective or anything like that. When you don't use it, make sure to keep it stuffed with tissue, or even towels. This way it hold the shape longer. One other possibility is, like I mentioned on the phone, when it's carried on the shoulder, and it gets pushed behind the arm, sometimes this misshapes it. I'm not sure how you carry it, just wanted to mention it because I've seen other bags loose shape from that."

Do you guys agree? Should i make a big deal out of it?

This is my SA's response when I've send him the pics of it

"From what I can see, it may be from normal wear. With all leather handbags, as you use it, the leather softens and sometimes the shape changes. It doesn't appear that it's defective or anything like that. When you don't use it, make sure to keep it stuffed with tissue, or even towels. This way it hold the shape longer. One other possibility is, like I mentioned on the phone, when it's carried on the shoulder, and it gets pushed behind the arm, sometimes this misshapes it. I'm not sure how you carry it, just wanted to mention it because I've seen other bags loose shape from that."

Do you guys agree? Should i make a big deal out of it?

I have a GST too. I try not to stuff it too much. I agree w the SA. In my opinion it's from everyday use and I don't think it's defective. 😉

I once bought a Burberry and had same issue... Sa told me with use over time, the leather will bend back to shape.. my a$$... Never did and it looked ugly lol
It's up to u... But of coz, every SA would want to defend their craftsmanship

I've purchase the bag on January 11, 2013. And I've noticed that the leather bulging. Is that considered defective? Should I call the boutique?
I appreciate feedback

Thanks

I have had this same bag since Christmas and I put a lot of stuff in it. Mine does not have this issue. I would ask for a new one ASAP!

I have had this same bag since Christmas and I put a lot of stuff in it. Mine does not have this issue. I would ask for a new one ASAP!
The SA said I should bring it over to the store. But it's a hassle for me to go over there. So what I did is I've sent an email directly to customer care. See what they say.

I actually don't put a lot in it. Just a wallet, sunglasses and a brush.

sigh... dilemma... dilemma

i just bought a GST and it's arriving today. what if i have same issue :shucks:

The SA said I should bring it over to the store. But it's a hassle for me to go over there. So what I did is I've sent an email directly to customer care. See what they say.

Good luck!

It doesn't look misshapen from use.. its just looks stitched wrong or something. Is it on both sides? Does it go down if you press on it? I would sorta play around with it to see if it will go back down, but if it doesn't i would probably return it.. It would bother me every single time i go in and out of my bag.