Is this considered a defect? Reissue

little_doudou

Feb 18, 2012
I noticed that my new reissue's right side is protruding out a little, it's kind of boring me. Is this a defect? Have you guys seen similar issues? It's not that obvious in the photos but pretty noticeable in person...

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400210727.299266.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400210718.780358.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Please see a previous thread "is this normal or a defect?" Starting Feb 24 2014 by Pepperdiva for a similar question. Looks like it is a fairly common occurance, possibly due to bag storage. My reissue tends to skew if I load my bag unevenly.

Not too sure if it's the same as I have a classic jumbo.. Mine also skews to one side (the heavier side) after I open and close it. I just gently push it back to align with the flap.

I got a 227 that had this issue as well. It was even more obvious than yours. The turnlock clasp was noticeably crooked which was causing one side to stick out. It bothered me so much that I brought it back to the store to exchange. The new bag is perfectly symmetric and didn't have this problem. So I feel like it's a quality issue.

I don't think it's defective but if it bothers you that much, bring it back to your rep to see if it could be exchanged for another one. Reissues are always stored flat when delivered to the store and they have to shape it themselves to place on the shelves. Many have noted trouble with flattening the crease at the bottom as well. Perhaps the protruding sides could be a result of improper stuffing of the bag.