Is this common in Chanel Bags?

ol1010

O.G.
Mar 25, 2007
Hi ...Just bought the black Chanel Accordion Bag with silver hardware last week at Saks. I wore it for the first time yesterday and the stitching came off from the leather/hardware straps. I called my SA from Saks and she offered to give me a new one but unfortunately it's hard to find and they are sold out. She says it's common and i can bring it to have it fixed. Is this common with the silver/gold hardware chains straps? It's upsetting since I've been waiting for this bag. I would think for the amount of money we pay the craftsmanship would be better.

I do not know if it is common or not. But I would suggest you to try find it in some other store... do a search if you have not done it yet and get a new one. Honestly the amount of $$$$ you pay should never never have stitching come off the first day ! Good Luck and have patience , things will work out soon.

Actually it is not uncommon for that to happen. I have heard of it quite a bit and it also happened to me on a new bag. Its a quick fix though. (I went to a cobbler who fixed it on the spot for $20).

It's not unheard of but I wouldn't call it 'common'. Compared to the high # of bags the members here buy and post about, the # of complaints percentage-wise isn't really high IMO.
None of my bags have ever had an issue like that.
I think it's important to remember, however, that these bags are handmade, therefore rarely completely perfect. I'd let them fix it for you if you adore the bag.

If you take it in...see if there is another style to replace it if you cant get the one you want or money back and find it somewhere else. If you opt to have them fix it. Demand a completion date in writing. I have heard of people having a hard time getting updates on their bags and having to wait weeks/months to get it back (this is in the Chanel stores, not sure how it is at saks) good luck!