Is this Chanel bag worth the repair?

New here, Hi.

Hope I am not posting in an incorrect area. Apologies if I am.

My lovely Nonna recently passed away. She left me a gorgeous collection of Chanel bags. Most are in amazing condition but some have damage. I particularly like one bag however the strap is broken. I was hoping to get opinions on whether this particular bag is worth the quote I received to fix it? The quote is very high and I would rather put the money towards a new bag unless it really is as lovely as I think it is. Any thoughts? Thanks!
View attachment 4894787

Try another repair place. Simply to attach a strap should not be more than a few hundred. Is there any other work that needs to be done other than putting the strap back on?

Try another repair place. Simply to attach a strap should not be more than a few hundred. Is there any other work that needs to be done other than putting the strap back on?
The stitching on the hard wear of the C one side of each needs to be done though it’s only one loop

I will try another place
Do you know what this bag is called I have had no luck finding it online and Chanel did not reply

it was made in Paris not France

The stitching on the hard wear of the C one side of each needs to be done though it’s only one loop

I will try another place
Do you know what this bag is called I have had no luck finding it online and Chanel did not reply

it was made in Paris not France

Not sure where you are located but Leather Surgeons is known to do very good work at a decent price.

Reactions: foxgal
You will want to have any handbag that says " made in paris" authenticated. I am not aware of any authentic chanel - LV or otherwise purses that state " made in paris

Thank you, you’re right. I love all the bags I inherited and this one is especially lovely. I wasn’t sure about getting it fixed or not but I think I will. It’s larger than the rest of the bags so it is nice for a day bag shopping or lunch

I would keep it, but even if you don't want to and want to sell it on, repaired (with a good repair and mentioning the repair) it will fetch a better price