Is this Brahmin bag too "old" for me??

sorry late in posting, but....

I took a serious liking to this bag. I came across it while Christmas shopping and tried it on for size. I believe the texture on this bag gives it that edge. Nice bag. I would go for it.

I think it has a really great vintage look to it! I don't see why it would look too old on a woman in her forties! :smile: In fact, I'm not a bit fan of Brahmin bags with that texture to it, but that one is very cool looking!

windy! That's a great bag! I have a very close friend who is in her mid 20's and she has several Brahmins and they look stunning on her. She sells real estate and they all looks very sharp with everything she wears. Go for it. Nothing wrong with it at all. Brahmins are just very structured and not to be mistaken for huggable......but still lovable!

IMO this is more of a general style question than an age-appropriate question....maybe because there's nothing about it that screams "I eat twilight dinners, dye my hair blue, and wear roll-up knee highs" to me. Personally it's not my style but I don't think it's granny-looking by any means.

:lol::lol::lol: That was too funny! I'd agree though. Your style should really determine if it is appropriate. It could look old or could be just fine!

If you are going to wear this bag with a staid Chanel suit or buttoned up librarian look it would look old.

I could see this bag worn with some dark wash jeans, slim cut, edgy heels, a tailored blazer and a fun, frilly top underneath. That is how you keep it young and wear a bag like this.

Just ran accross this thread. I owned a Brahmin satchel when I was 24. These bags are nice. I agree with ladysalesrep195, you can dress this up or down. Put on your jeans and have fun.

I don't think Brahmins are "old looking" at all. They are some great designs (especially on their website) plus they are one of the few handbags that are still made in the USA.