Is this bag worth keeping?

gisselle226

Nov 9, 2014
This Accordion bag is from 2017 and it retailed $3400. Pre-loved website only wants to give me $1200. Should I cut my losses and sell now? Your opinion is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7852 (1).jpeg
    IMG_7852 (1).jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 30
This Accordion bag is from 2017 and it retailed $3400. Pre-loved website only wants to give me $1200. Should I cut my losses and sell now? Your opinion is greatly appreciated!
I would sell it if I’m not using the bag. Bags are not investments and you will not get the amount you originally paid for it, with the exception of certain bags. The price could be low due to the timing of selling your bag during the pandemic. Have you tried getting a quote from other preloved websites or thought about selling yourself.

I would sell it if I’m not using the bag. Bags are not investments and you will not get the amount you originally paid for it, with the exception of certain bags. The price could be low due to the timing of selling your bag during the pandemic. Have you tried getting a quote from other preloved websites or thought about selling yourself.
Thanks

Would you buy it for $1200? If the answer is yes, keep it. If no, cut your losses and sell it.
I’ve noticed that resellers are SUPER low-balling people right now with their buyout offers. I sent something to Fashionphile recently and they sent me an email saying they were “overwhelmed” with the volume of people wanting to sell and then sent me a ridiculous offer (that I refused). I’m sure they’re working off the premise that lots of people are desperate for cash and they’re taking in more items.
It’s the basic supply and demand principle, but if you hold on to it,you might get a better offer when the economy gets better.
Of course, no telling how long that will be.....

Reactions: vivy_tran
I’ve noticed that resellers are SUPER low-balling people right now with their buyout offers. I sent something to Fashionphile recently and they sent me an email saying they were “overwhelmed” with the volume of people wanting to sell and then sent me a ridiculous offer (that I refused). I’m sure they’re working off the premise that lots of people are desperate for cash and they’re taking in more items.
It’s the basic supply and demand principle, but if you hold on to it,you might get a better offer when the economy gets better.

Totally. Fashionphile sent me a ridiculous offer for a brand new bag recently and I wanted to call them just to laugh. I was just testing the waters anyway and didn't end up selling the bag. I'd also advise waiting or maybe try to sell it yourself on eBay (taking proper precautions).

Reactions: jenlee8751
People are at home with time for closet cleaning, and sites like Fashionphile and TRR get swamped with goods. I agree, this is not time to sell.

It probably won't increase in value as years go on, it's not a popular design. I would sell it yourself, send it out for a few more quotes, or try to fall in love with it again while you wait for the market to improve.

Reactions: Shoppingalways
I totally agree!

It probably won't increase in value as years go on, it's not a popular design. I would sell it yourself, send it out for a few more quotes, or try to fall in love with it again while you wait for the market to improve.
I agree, the value is not going to increase. I just received quote from another consignment shop $1180. So I have decisions to make, get something now or keep it.

I agree, the value is not going to increase. I just received quote from another consignment shop $1180. So I have decisions to make, get something now or keep it.
Your bag is great for everyday. I have several flaps, but one of my must used bags is the mademoiselle (very similar to yours). I would keep it and buy flaps in the future.

If you never use it, and prob will never use it then I would just cut my losses and at least get 1200 out of it that you can use towards a new bag. Even if you waited, how much more will the offer go up by.....