Is this bag too small for me?

tbestes

O.G.
Oct 27, 2006
Love the MCM Ella Boston bag, and while I think the large size would be perfect, it only comes in black, and I was wanting an alternative to black. I love this gray color ("Bungee Cord") but it only comes in the medium Ella. It will accommodate my stuff just fine, it's just that I always feel like I need a larger bag to balance my 5' 9" size 14 frame. Interestingly, however, I have no aversion to very small/mini bags, because I think they make a statement all their own, even on someone taller/larger. So I'm not sure it's a matter of this bag being too small, but maybe to "average" in size (I seem to gravitate to extremes (small or big) and avoid the middle). Interested in your thoughts!IMG_3790.JPG IMG_3791.JPG

Love the MCM Ella Boston bag, and while I think the large size would be perfect, it only comes in black, and I was wanting an alternative to black. I love this gray color ("Bungee Cord") but it only comes in the medium Ella. It will accommodate my stuff just fine, it's just that I always feel like I need a larger bag to balance my 5' 9" size 14 frame. Interestingly, however, I have no aversion to very small/mini bags, because I think they make a statement all their own, even on someone taller/larger. So I'm not sure it's a matter of this bag being too small, but maybe to "average" in size (I seem to gravitate to extremes (small or big) and avoid the middle). Interested in your thoughts!View attachment 3577397 View attachment 3577398
I think this bag looks great on you, love the color as well !!!

Well! In my mind, I cannot EVEN think why you are asking! It is perfect. You mentioned it might be "average" size, which possibly is not your norm, if you are used to large bags. It cannot be seen as "small" when people wear mini, micro, WOC's all the time. I had expected to see a huge person with a super small bag, which I think then emphasizes the size of the person in relation to the bag. The bag is lovely, and if YOU love the bag, everything is wonderful.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I agree it looks fab on you whichever way it's carried. I usually carry medium bags then when I carry a small I feel a tiny bit conscious but it think it's just because it's different, not too small [emoji4]

it looks like the right size on you ; i like it better crossbody on you, it makes your figure look leaner. i wouldn't carry it front-forward like that but hand-held to the side.