Is this bag too similiar to the Reissue 226?

lovehermes

O.G.
Apr 28, 2006
I just bought this Chanel bag 12A (to the left) and wonder if it's too similar to my Black Reissue 226 (to the right) with gold hardware. If it is, which one would you choose and why. Also, what is the Chanel bag 12A called that I brought home? Thanks! :P

Attachments

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Boston Strong!
I don't know the name of the bag on the left, but I do think they look very similar, almost like two versions of the same bag. And if I could choose one, I'd take your black 226 -- it's gorgeous! But then again, I think reissues are the perfect bag -- especially in black in a 226!

Chanbal

Aug 18, 2012
World
I would probably keep both bags as they are gorgeous. The other possibility is to get (exchange) the last one you purchased in a different color.

kellynt

Apr 3, 2012
I like the one on the right because i like bijoux chain better. Also the gold on the reissue is much brighter. I just love everything about chanel reissue, they are "the perfect" it bag IMO.

lovehermes

O.G.
Apr 28, 2006
I know it makes sense to keep the Reissue, but don't know if it's ok to wear everyday casual. I've been wearing my Navy Half Moon WOC everyday for the last year or so.

kellynt

Apr 3, 2012
I know it makes sense to keep the Reissue, but don't know if it's ok to wear everyday casual. I've been wearing my Navy Half Moon WOC everyday for the last year or so.
I wear my reissue everyday with casual clothes. With size 226 it can be easy to dress up or down. This bag is easy to maintain, so care free, i love it.

Nico_79

Jan 10, 2013
Ban Island
They do look very similar, but the one on the right has a more casual vibe to me. If you need to choose b/w both, I'd keep the reissue.

washingtonian

Feb 13, 2013
washington, dc
Definitely keep the reissue! I have seen the other bag in the Saks boutique and think it is cool looking but more casual. If I had to decide between one, I think the reissue is more versatile.

luckylove

Sep 5, 2012
I agree with the others who feel they are just too similar. Keep the reissue, you can't go wrong! Best wishes!

lovehermes

O.G.
Apr 28, 2006
Thanks everyone!! Ok...I am mostly in sneakers and black clothing. Will wearing the Black Reissue 226 with gold hardware be too dressy?