Is this bag supposed to have a strap?

nunnla

Bonafide Bag Hag
Jun 20, 2007
Hi, girls ... I'm usually in the Kooba, Minkoff, Botkier, Gucci and Prada threads ... but I have several gorgeous LVs ... just haven't made it over here yet to visit and hang out. I bought this vintage Belair Satchel several months ago. Wasn't familiar with the style. It's got a tote handle that's attached to the closure flap top with little logo engraved post kind of fittings that have little D-rings on them. Someone asked me if it has a detachable leather strap. Don't see that the D-rings on the posts are large enough to accommodate clipping a detachable strap to it. Are any of you familiar with the style and if so, did it come with an optional shoulder strap? Would appreciate your help. It looks like a baby briefcase (see attached). Thanks.:?:

Attachments

• Belair Satchel.jpg
    Belair Satchel.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 42
I am not sure if it was SUPPOSED to come with one, but here's an example of one with a strap:

6f34_12.JPG

72f9_12.JPG

:ty:That one's a beauty. I see how those fit right in there in those little rings on the posts. I wonder if I could get a replacement strap from LV? Probably not but I'll see what they have to say. Really appreciate it John5.

Thanks for this post!
I have one of these but I didn't know the name since it had been passed down to me by my mom who bought it a long time ago from a friend. It also came with that strap.

TPF is great.