Is this appropriate???

jrw118

O.G.
Jul 22, 2008
Hi I recently had abuyer who purchased a $500+ bag. They buyer claimed to have not received it. I am a very trusting person but this buyer seems to know the system VERY well. She instructed me on how to file the claim with ups...
Is it ok for me to contact other members who have sold to her to see if they had the same issues?

No, I don't think you should do that. I know very well how to file with UPS, it doesn't mean I would be trying something, just that I have had to do it before, once as a buyer, once as a seller. After a while, everyone on ebay has this happen if you buy or sell enough!

If the tracking # doesn't show delivery or a signature, file with UPS and get her $$ back and refund to her.

Yes, unlike the PO, UPS is very good about keeping their system up to date with delivery, etc. So if it's still not showing as pending or not being delivered, you can inquire directly through UPS.

Out of curiosity, when did you ship it? Has it only been a few days? A week? How long are we talking about here? I wonder if the buyer is just jumping the gun because they've had unreliable sellers or delivery. That's what I would find out before I would deal with UPS.

If it has only been a week or less, I wouldn't worry just yet. I guess it also depends on where you shipped it from and shipped to.

Sorry I did not include this but it does say that the item had been delivered "left @ front door". Buyer is claimin gto have not receievd it. I know it is possible but I want to know your opinions about contaction other sellers about purchased made by the buyer. When I looke she is buying similar bags and wallets within days of each other. I know that it doesn't necessarliy mean she is dishonest I just would like to see if other sellers had the same issues with her...

I don't know, seems fishy to me. She seems like an expert with "lost" or missing packages. I mean, what are the odds that something happened to this package, unless she lives in an area that is notorious for having packages stolen from their front door. In which case, I would think she would notify UPS to always ask for signature upon delivery.

Perhaps I'm a bit too skeptical.

Yeup, since you have delivery confirmation than you'll be fine (what are requirements for over $250?), I would have her call UPS herself because it seems like a personal problem. Perhaps the driver put the box on the back deck to 'hide' it. I had a driver do that once and I never saw it for 2-3 days until the drive came back and showed it to me!

Ugh! What a situation. I don't think that contacting other sellers is going to help your situation, though. What's the buyer's feedback? If she has more than a few negatives - then I'd be suspect. Regardless, you have confirmation that it was delivered - if she wants to defraud on the insurance claim - can you send the forms to her so she can file it?

If I PM'd you would you mind sharing this buyer's id so I can add it to my blocked bidder's list on Ebay? I occasionally sell a bag or two on Ebay after I don't want it anymore. I'd hate to get stuck with a buyer like this!

I hope that it works out for you. Just do what you think is best - but I recommend that you stick with the fact that it did get delivered - you have confirmation of that - and you can't control what happens, regardless, after shipment.

Good luck!!

I would not contact other sellers, but feel free to tell UPS your suspicions. BUT, if you did not get a sig, then paypal will probably give her the $ back, and UPS is your only hope for the $, so maybe you should file the claim and let them investigate on their own.

Okay, you have not told us if you purchased insurance, if you did you have hope.

For UPS the buyer can actually initiate the claim herself... but here is the problem.

Many do not know that in order to secure signature confirmation with UPS you must pay an additional $4.25-5.25 (on their website with a shipper's account) and I don't know how you do it on Paypal because I always get an error and can't print UPS labels. They do not always get the signature (if you don' t pay the extra money) if they deem the location "safe enough" to leave the package. EVEN if there is insurance, I had this happen to me but there wasn't an issue with the buyer. I just called UPS pissed.

If the buyer files with Paypal, they will win since it says "left at front door" and I there is no signature. THey will win with Paypal and then in order to recover your money you need to file with UPS ASAP.

Here is the trouble, UPS can take up to 30 days to "research it" and your buyer will likely be contacted to confirm that the package was not on her doorstep when she arrived home. You really have no hope and Paypal will find in her favor, but file with UPS ASAP and don't take no for an answer.

Let us know the outcome.

I wouldn't contact previous seller's it really won't make a difference in the outcome.

Wow, this is always the kind of thing I worry about happening...this is a long shot, but have her check with her neighbors?? I had one delivered to my neighbor, and when I contacted UPS, they swore they delivered it to my home, described my culdesac etc...but it was the wrong house...I hope it works out okay for you...

As long as you have delivery confirmation (and you paid for this) you will be covered. Because then UPS will have to track down whoever signed for the package and deal with it that way. If you did not get signature confirmation, you may be out your money and your bag. I always use USPS Insured mail with delivery signature confirmation. You have the tracking #, the insurance # and a live person you have dealt with at the PO. With anything over $250.00, you will not be covered by paypal if you don't follow their rules (insured and delivery signature confirmation).
If it were me, I would email one or two of the others and see if anything was fishy. That way at least you would know she is a probable scammer and deal with it that route..(that she has done this kind of thing before....) Good luck.

Yes the package was insured for the full amount with NO signature. I did not get it. I WILL for now on though. I have filed with UPS for the 2nd time because they closed the case the 1st time (according to them the shipper has to initate the case) They are telling me that I will have an answer at the latest on Friday.
Jess

Yes the package was insured for the full amount with NO signature. I did not get it. I WILL for now on though. I have filed with UPS for the 2nd time because they closed the case the 1st time (according to them the shipper has to initate the case) They are telling me that I will have an answer at the latest on Friday.
Jess

Great!!! Hopefully you get your $.

To kind of address you previous question, UPS will flag some addresses if the person has had a claim of rifling previously.

So, if this person has done this before UPS wouldn't have left the package. Most of the time UPS won't leave my packages, one time they refused to leave a $20 because my address (or rather my building) has that kind of notation on it. I guess someone in my building (about 14 townhouses) made a claim so if UPS can't deliver it to the address they will take it to my front office or leave a note for me to redeliver or pick it up from distribution.