Is this appropriate to a wedding reception?

steffe

aka Julia
O.G.
Mar 17, 2008
New England
I think you can wear the dress to the wedding reception. unless the host/wedding planner lay out a strict dress code.

pinkmitsy4

Jan 2, 2008
I think it's okay..Imo, i think you could find a better dress to a wedding reception. But I do think it's really pretty!

Tracy

shallowly obsessing
O.G.
Sep 30, 2007
it's so pretty but it may be too much white.

shallow-ish

Apr 28, 2008
Sunny SoCal
Very nice dress, but for a wedding reception: depends on time of day and location of reception. IMO, if the reception is in the evening at a fancy locale, then it's too white (if the bride is wearing white). If it's an outdoor reception in warmer weather then it might not be too white.

May 27, 2007
Too much white. It's pretty, but the bride should be the only one in white. Otherwise, I'd wear it to any other cocktail party.

coronita

Sipping ginger ale
O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
Jersey
Maybe if it was the opposite -- white on top and all black on bottom. I personally wouldn't wear it because I think I would stand out too much.

Feb 2, 2006
Hmm, I'm not normally a stickler for these things but I think this dress toes the line. Just a tad too much white, IMO. (I recently posted a similar thread about me wearing a B&W print dress to a wedding, but it was B&W all over)

I also agree that the hem stitching looks pretty bad. May not be of the best quality. Too bad, because it's an otherwise pretty dress for a night out or fancy date.