Is this an orange or potiron birkin?

Ladies if you saw someone walking down the street with a potiron birkin, would you still consider it a bright orange? would you think wow that's a beautiful colorful bag or would you think it's a dull sort of neutral? I'm worried potiron would be too blah for me since I'm only in my early 20s

Age has nothing to do with it; your individual style and taste do. No, I would NOT think a Potiron Birkin was a bright orange because it isn't. It also isn't dull - there IS color, just not in-your-face Hermes Orange, which is VERY bold and bright.

If you look is a look-at-me, then you probably prefer Hermes Orange. I do think that Potiron is a more versatile color. Herms Orange with black looks like you're channeling Halloween; Potiron is neutral enough that if accessorized with some other colors (a scarf perhaps?), then it is fine with black. I like Hermes Orange best with grey and brown, or white, if it's summer.

Ladies if you saw someone walking down the street with a potiron birkin, would you still consider it a bright orange? would you think wow that's a beautiful colorful bag or would you think it's a dull sort of neutral? I'm worried potiron would be too blah for me since I'm only in my early 20s

I have both orange and potiron in bags, and trust me, potiron is not a blah color! It is just a little more muted than orange, but there is nothing dull about it! Many people who are not exposed to orange in handbags as we are on the Hermes thread, would probably prefer it because it is slightly less in your face than orange. Age is not a factor in any of this IMO.

It's kind of ironic that everyone says potiron looks less Halloweenish with black although potiron literally means pumpkin so it should look more Halloweenish with black hehe :P

i love the idea of wearing a matching cdc, Constance belt or Oran's with a Birkin.

Do you think the potiron would look good with an all white outfit and an orange cdc and h belt or would it just be too many different shades of orange that don't coordinate?

Too many shades of orange, but having said that, I must admit I'm NOT a matchy-matchy girl. To my eye, a pop of color is just that - ONE pop of color, not polka dots of bright color all over the place. But that's me - you should wear what YOU like and what you feel best represents who you are.

I have both orange and potiron in bags, and trust me, potiron is not a blah color! It is just a little more muted than orange, but there is nothing dull about it! Many people who are not exposed to orange in handbags as we are on the Hermes thread, would probably prefer it because it is slightly less in your face than orange. Age is not a factor in any of this IMO.

I completely agree with this. First, age has nothing to do with bright colors, period.:smile:

And Potiron is absolutely not dull - it is still a pop color. The neutral undertone makes it a little easier to wear for those who are a little intimidated by Orange, but by no means is it understated. I personally love both for different occasions, but only you can decide if it's 'you'.

I love the way you guys explained your views. Especially gracekelly. I remember when I was in my teens and I didn't even know of the existence of Hermes and my dad brought my mom a potiron Lindy and my mom was always telling him that he made a mistake buying such a bright and colorful bag that she'd never be able to coordinate with outfits. I guess it just depends on your preference. I just LOVE all H oranges with gold hardware and it's making me so indecisive!

I completely agree with this. First, age has nothing to do with bright colors, period.:smile:

And Potiron is absolutely not dull - it is still a pop color. The neutral undertone makes it a little easier to wear for those who are a little intimidated by Orange, but by no means is it understated. I personally love both for different occasions, but only you can decide if it's 'you'.

Your orange collection is drool worthy! Your Kelly looks like Epsom and the picotin looks like Clemence. Is the birkin Togo or Clemence?