Is this an acceptable color for an everyday bag?

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I have wanted this bag for a LONG time! I really do want it in black but have decided on this one for two reasons:
1. Finding the valentino histoire in black (in good condition) is next to impossible.
2. The bag looks a little more "lively" in a pop of color.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Valen...898474&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=7070361861588493119

Now, here is my question. I don't like having to change purses every morning. Inevitably, I leave something in the old purse OR I don't want to take the time to switch so I tend to carry the same bag for several days/weeks at a time. I am not sure that this color is going to work for that purpose. Does it even matter? How bad does it look to wear this pink/purple tone with a yellow/red/blue/or cream top?
If you think it would go w/ most colors, what colors would you avoid? Orange? Red?
HELP! I need to break out of neutral bag syndrome, but they just making putting together an outfit so easy!

Oh my! I love that bag! What about one of those handy thingies that you put all your stuff in and then it goes inside the purse? I can't think of what they're called right now. :|

I think it works for an everyday bag. Dark purple like that will go with a lot of colors. I wouldn't wear it with say, orange, but it would go with black (duh) :smile:, blues, browns, some purples/pinks.

I also agree with DivineMissM, get one of those purse-to-go things. I bought one off ebay for like $12. Makes switching purses really easy! You just grab the insert and put it in the next bag. Done.

I would ask the seller for pictures of the actual bag though. It always makes me nervous when they only list a stock photo.

oh, like those purse organizer thingys? That would work. Do you think the color is versatile enough though to go from wearing a heather gray suit at the office to a pair of dark wash jeans and a cream sweater on the weekends? I am trying to break the mental stereotype in my head that a practical bag must equal brown, black or gray.

Absolutely! I will definitely ask for more photos before I buy.

I think it works for an everyday bag. Dark purple like that will go with a lot of colors. I wouldn't wear it with say, orange, but it would go with black (duh) :smile:, blues, browns, some purples/pinks.

I also agree with DivineMissM, get one of those purse-to-go things. I bought one off ebay for like $12. Makes switching purses really easy! You just grab the insert and put it in the next bag. Done.

I would ask the seller for pictures of the actual bag though. It always makes me nervous when they only list a stock photo.

oh, like those purse organizer thingys? That would work. Do you think the color is versatile enough though to go from wearing a heather gray suit at the office to a pair of dark wash jeans and a cream sweater on the weekends? I am trying to break the mental stereotype in my head that a practical bag must equal brown, black or gray.

Totally!! That will look fabulous! :smile:

To be honest, I wouldn't wear that bag if I was wearing, say, orange, yellow or red. I just don't like that sort of colour clash. Blue would be fine, unless it was a particularly bright shade. But that's just me. Some people are able to make bright clashing colours look fantastic - I'm not one of them.

That would look great together. Perfect! If I was wearing either of those outfits, I would pair it with that bag (or another one with a good pop of color). I save my brown, black or grey bags for when I am wearing color.

I think the color and bag are gorgeous. But I personally wouldn't use it as an everyday, daily use bag. For me, the color would be too striking and bright for everyday use. But this is coming from someone who considers grays, blacks, taupes/tans as "everyday" colors for bags.

But it is definitely a beautiful bag in a great style!