Is this an acceptable color for an everyday bag?

Acceptable to whom? Frankly, it's your bag, and you would be the one using it, so it should be acceptable to you. If you love it, go for it and rock it every day! :rochard:

Ask for actual photos of the bag and have it authenticated here. I am not trying to rain on your parade, but the Histoire and all its versions have been faked. The fact that the seller uses a stock photo and does not have the actual Valentino dust cover makes me nervous.

I'd avoid red and pair it with colours that are a warm shade, but I don't think it'll be too wardrobe limiting at all. It's a really pretty bag, I wouldn't let the colour deter you from using it at all, even if you don't necessarily think it matches your clothes.

The bag is beautiful, and the colors that you have described wearing with it (gray, cream, denim) would look amazing. Unless you feel you'll spend every morning overthinking your outfit because of the bag, it should be fine for everyday use. It will probably go with a lot more than you might imagine!

Oh, I love that bag. I've seen one in person and it is just killer. I would wear it everyday for sure. One thing about a bright and shiny bag...whether it goes with your outfit or not, it'll work as a statement. And that is just a stunning bag design-wise.

Ask for actual photos of the bag and have it authenticated here. I am not trying to rain on your parade, but the Histoire and all its versions have been faked. The fact that the seller uses a stock photo and does not have the actual Valentino dust cover makes me nervous.

My thoughts exactly....