Is this an acceptable amount of wrinkling? (SpeedyB World Tour)

Is this an acceptable amount a wrinkling for a BRAND NEW bag?

• Yes

• Heck no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Whilst I am aware that leather by nature will wrinkle when bend, so it's natural this does happen . However, for me it's a pet peeve, I know LV can also produce handles with no wrinkles or very very minimal wrinkles so for my enjoyment of the bag, it's one thing I really check for when purchasing. I think reading on this forum everyone has their own little quirks, some are very concerned with alignment or with gaps on zipper ends, some prefer "made in France " etc... It just depends on the individual. The wrinkles on handle is normal ..and I don't recall ever reading anything here where someone said their wrinkled handles got worse or peeled etc...if you are OK with that, enjoy your bag, if not then you'll regret not taking it back to LV when you had the chance. It's your bag, so it boils down to what you are comfortable with. Good luck.

The wrinkles are normal. That being said, I once had my unicorn in my hands ( Speedy 25 mono made in France), but the handles were so wrinkled, I kept thinking, “ what a sad little bag”. So I didn’t buy it. Moral of the story is that if you don’t like it, return it!

Reactions: Bumbles
I have it on my speedy too from when I first bought it. In a ideal world would like it not to have the wrinkles. But it was so hard getting this bag. I just thought never mind . However, I have found a plus side to having the wrinkles, in that it gives the handles more grip, is less slippery. I have the DE speedy. I do try to find some positives in negatives wherever I can :smile:

I got this bag today and I noticed a concerning amount of wrinkling on one handles when I got home. I know a little wrinkling is to be expected but this seems excessive. The other handle is almost completely smooth in comparison. Again, this is brand new.

Should I send this back for a new handle? I literally just bought it. The wrinkling drives me mad but I'd be so sad to part with it for weeks (maybe months). Do you think it'll get worse?

This my first luxury purchase. I'm very disappointed.

(Both photos are of same handle)View attachment 4198809 View attachment 4198810

UPDATE:
Contacted my SA who confirmed with repair services that the glazing was indeed faulty. LV is making me an entirely new bag and letting me use the original until the new one comes in. I didn't even have to ask. Talk about quality customer service!

UPDATE:
Contacted my SA who confirmed with repair services that the glazing was indeed faulty. LV is making me an entirely new bag and letting me use the original until the new one comes in. I didn't even have to ask. Talk about quality customer service!
That’s great news! What a wonderful outcome and great customer service! I guess moral of the story is, if your’re not entirely satisfied with the item you purchased and it bothers you, you should raise it with CS and see what they stay. Coz there is not point dewelling on it. And you never know what they will say.

I’m so glad it was a great outcome for you. Thanks for sharing with us!

UPDATE:
The glazing ? That’s interesting, not sure what that has to do with the wrinkles. But great to hear they’re taking care of it!

Reactions: pjhm and Sugartats
Since this was a personalized item and this isn’t considered a “defect” or abnormal, i’m curious to see what the store will say. Please keep us updated.

This! This happens on vachetta leather too, and that is smooth.

I wouldn’t worry about it personally...and whet the patchwork? Or their only one? [emoji848]

Reactions: Postyco
It happened to my speedy world tour. I returned it and got a new one too.

No my first speedy so I got to compare and think this is not acceptable for the price I pay. I think if they can do one side without wrinkle, they can do so for the other side.

It bothered me so I return. I don’t feel guilty at all that I have to return. [emoji2]

Reactions: jill39
I've seen this on many speedy's, leather is stretched on the outer so can wrinkle on the inside. How is it that they found the glazing to be faulty when you are complaining about the wrinkles?

I’m wondering about this too because the only repair I had was on the handles of an Azur Speedy and it had NO wrinkles, but the inside handle split on a glazed edge.