Is this Aldo bag a knockoff of anything?

lacey29

Mar 9, 2012
I'm currently browsing the aldo website and I see some beautiful laser cut item. this bag and this clutch

I'm obsessed with lace and intricate designs, but as I have become painfully aware, Aldo does a lot of "idea borrowing" and sometimes they are VERY obvious. Does anyone recognize this design from somewhere else? If not, I'm on it like white on rice.

lacey29 said:
I'm currently browsing the aldo website and I see some beautiful laser cut item. this bag and this clutch

I'm obsessed with lace and intricate designs, but as I have become painfully aware, Aldo does a lot of "idea borrowing" and sometimes they are VERY obvious. Does anyone recognize this design from somewhere else? If not, I'm on it like white on rice.

I don't recognize it as a replica of something else

Lots of brands/designers have done laser cut, but Alaia and Valentino have kind of made it "their" thing.
This pattern reminds me particularly of Valentino, appropriated into a generic tote and clutch styles.

The lace and intricate design make me think of Jamin Puech.
The Grace Bag in particular.
The bag is different though.
www.jamin-puech.com
Not at all like the Aldo ones, though.

Lots of brands/designers have done laser cut, but Alaia and Valentino have kind of made it "their" thing.
This pattern reminds me particularly of Valentino, appropriated into a generic tote and clutch styles.
Valentino seems to do lace material over another material, not like the Aldo.

Thanks for all the input! I might just wait for a sale because their bags are not know for their quality, so if it is something I'm only going to use for a season, I'd rather save my bucks for something better quality. BUT I will get it since it is not a blatant rip off! That was the only thing I was concerned about.

Thank you everyone!

Nothing comes to mind of recent releases. Many designers have dabbled with this look in their collections.

I believe Fendi did something comparable to the tote in a white lace pattern a few years ago. It was called ‘Lady Lace’ or something similar. It actually was a match to some stiletto pumps too.

You mean no one has come along to shoot down the Fendi suggestion yet? :rolleyes:

That is a very cute bag OP. I would go ahead and get it since apparently nothing mentioned looks remotely like it. And the price is right too!

Last edited: