Is this Aldo bag a knockoff of anything?

lacey29

Mar 9, 2012
I'm currently browsing the aldo website and I see some beautiful laser cut item. this bag and this clutch

I'm obsessed with lace and intricate designs, but as I have become painfully aware, Aldo does a lot of "idea borrowing" and sometimes they are VERY obvious. Does anyone recognize this design from somewhere else? If not, I'm on it like white on rice.

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
lacey29 said:
I'm currently browsing the aldo website and I see some beautiful laser cut item. this bag and this clutch

I'm obsessed with lace and intricate designs, but as I have become painfully aware, Aldo does a lot of "idea borrowing" and sometimes they are VERY obvious. Does anyone recognize this design from somewhere else? If not, I'm on it like white on rice.
I don't recognize it as a replica of something else

indiaink

No rain, no rainbows.
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
I don't recognize it - there aren't a lot of 'lace effect' bags out there - I'd snap these up if I were you!

quackedup

O.G.
Jan 5, 2010
Sydney! AU
Lots of brands/designers have done laser cut, but Alaia and Valentino have kind of made it "their" thing.
This pattern reminds me particularly of Valentino, appropriated into a generic tote and clutch styles.

indiaink

No rain, no rainbows.
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
The lace and intricate design make me think of Jamin Puech.
The Grace Bag in particular.
The bag is different though.
www.jamin-puech.com
Not at all like the Aldo ones, though.

Lots of brands/designers have done laser cut, but Alaia and Valentino have kind of made it "their" thing.
This pattern reminds me particularly of Valentino, appropriated into a generic tote and clutch styles.
Valentino seems to do lace material over another material, not like the Aldo.

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
I think it's nice! There could be similar ones kicking around but it doesn't seem like a blatant copy to me. I think you should get it!!

indiaink

No rain, no rainbows.
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
The style is close to a Coach Glam tote.
In that the style is a 'tote', right? Any tote would qualify, then - I just looked at the Coach bag, and it doesn't look at all like this Aldo lace bag.;)

lacey29

Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for all the input! I might just wait for a sale because their bags are not know for their quality, so if it is something I'm only going to use for a season, I'd rather save my bucks for something better quality. BUT I will get it since it is not a blatant rip off! That was the only thing I was concerned about.

Thank you everyone!

rszerer

Oct 10, 2010
Nothing comes to mind of recent releases. Many designers have dabbled with this look in their collections.

I believe Fendi did something comparable to the tote in a white lace pattern a few years ago. It was called ‘Lady Lace’ or something similar. It actually was a match to some stiletto pumps too.

poopsie

How Sentimental
O.G.
Jan 14, 2009
Where the wild things are
You mean no one has come along to shoot down the Fendi suggestion yet? :rolleyes:

That is a very cute bag OP. I would go ahead and get it since apparently nothing mentioned looks remotely like it. And the price is right too!

Last edited: