Is this acceptable?

forenfinal

My 'lil honeybun!
Mar 9, 2007
USA
I am seeing this ALOT more often on Ebay- either posting an auction to compare it to or posting the auction they purchased the item they are selling from. I think it is wrong all the way around... Besides if someone wanted to know any of that information they could look it up themselves. I personally wouldn't want my listing in someone elses for any reason-just in case something ever comes up against that seller...

Demosthenes

Oct 17, 2006
That's kinda scummy, but it's a gray area and we ourselves didn't know if it was right or wrong at first. Maybe she thought it would be a good selling technique and did it without knowing it was against the rules. I'm glad she took the numbers down.

Plus, a lot of things factor into the ending price of an item, condition, seller's reputation, shipping, etc. I know I am wiling to pay lots more for an identical item if it comes from a reputable seller.

PinkSuadeSoho

Princess Grace Ave
O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
Spain & France
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/reportproblem.html
Report a Listing violation > Copy of your listing > ... just follow the prompts and you're done.

You will need that copycat's auction number.
Nope, she already took it down.:yes:
I agree that maybe she really didn't know. I hate being this cynical, but I don't get a good vibe about her story. Regardless, my item sold for such a high price. I've never seen it go for that dollar amount, ever. I think it was luck and timing. A lot of other sellers priced their items for roughly what I sold mine for. No bids were being placed. So, again sellers started to lower their item.

Also, as mentioned here, if someone wants to see what they are selling for, do a search. I think she could have at the very least emailed me to ask permission. :shame:

Nov 20, 2007
USA
Sometime ago I had my auctions copied by some China seller. It was my customers who brought it to my attention. This seller used the same photos with my email watermark! Turned out to me a scam seller who also copied listings of sellers of high end bags like Burberrys and Chanel. Sadly ebay had a daily limit to sending mails, was too slow to react to taking down copies of listings, and she ended up scamming over 20 buyers!