Is This A Valid Return Item

KittyKat65

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
I did a BIN for a dress on eBay and received it yesterday. The dress was described as wine red with "Sparkle", which is what I wanted for Christmas dinner on my upcoming cruise. I opened the package and was immediately covered in glitter, which ended up all over my floor and dining table as well. The fact that the dress was covered in glitter was absolutely not disclosed in the listing and would have been something that made me run in the opposite direction instead of pressing BIN. The dress looked sparkly and festive in the photos, but the glitter showed up in photos as part of the thread in the fabric. I feel as though this should have been mentioned because the dress is literally unwearable. The seller has "No Returns" on the listing, but we all know that means nothing on eBay, but I pressed the button to initiate a return. Am I within my rights? The seller has not responded.

here is a link to the listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LuLaRoe-El...603953?hash=item1a35d99e31:g:yM4AAOSwY3BZKKCH

Here is a photo of my dining table BEFORE the dress was even removed from the packaging and immediately after I opened the envelope!IMG_1847.jpg

Horrible! You'd be shedding glitter everywhere if you wore it. There's another seller offering a green version of this dress and the close-up of the fabric there looks like lurex woven in, rather than glitter scattered on.

Reactions: KittyKat65
She finally accepted a return on the last day at the last hour. I shipped back immediately and she is stretching out the refund until the last moment. At least she took it back.