Is this a reissue? If not, what it is?

Jan 13, 2007
This picture was originally posted by flareforfashion, here's a link to that thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/chanel-goodies-p-s-pre-fall-07-bags-115535.html

242762249.jpg

The bag on the bottom left (brown bag)......is that a reissue? If not, what is that bag called?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me :idea:

No, it's a flap with mademoiselle closure, and looks like the NEW chain that was introduced S/S2007. Not sure of the leather however, not caviar, maybe same leather from Outdoor Ligne.:yes:

I like the mademoiselle clasp on the brown flap bag. It certainly looks like a reissue. Why is it a classic and not a reissue? I'm a bit confused.

I thought that classics only had the CC closure. Are flap bags available with the mademoiselle clasp? I haven't seen any by reading the threads. Please help. I'd like to buy a Chanel, but I dislike the CC closure b/c they are too flashy.

The bag on the lower left is the reissue with the mademoiselle turn lock and metal shoulder chains, but it was a 2006 release, not the 2005 anniversary one with the 2.55/2005 stamp. The color is actually bordeaux, and looks like a deep red oxblood type of color in real life. I really wanted it when it first came out and realized I needed to stop myself before I got into credit card debt LOL.

Hope this helped!

That brown bag on the left is not the bordeaux reissue. The poster is mistaken. I know that for sure. However, not sure what it's called, does look like the new chain chanel has introduced though. I wonder if this is calfskin? I feel like I remember reading something about calfskin. The leather reminds me of my brown GST in calfskin I have from last fall. Anyone else think so?

^^totally agree, that is NOT the bordeaux reissue.

Chanel hasn't released any NEW reissues. If this is for fall it's going to be a classic with mademoiselle closure and new chain. It looks like the same leather from the outdoor ligne.