Is this a red flag-"eager" seller

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I am interested in buying a pair of shoes on ebay. The seller's location is overseas in Asia. I am not stereotyping but I know a lot of replicas come from Asia so I had them authenticated here. They turned out to be authentic.
Seller has it on BIN or best offer. I made an offer and she countered. I sat on it to think about it and she sends me an e-mail to ask if I was still interested. I then declined her counter and told her it was still more than I could afford to pay. She sent me an e-mail with her minimum acceptable amount which was $100.00 less than her asking price (substantial decrease in the BIN price). The auction expired without bids and was reposted. I rebid. She countered again. I then wanted to confirm her return policy (listed as 7 day money back) b/c I will buy the item for her asking price but if they don't fit I want to return them back to the seller. The seller's response was, "Yes, I will accept returns. You can buy them now". I am not super ebay savvy but DH thinks this sounds fishy. He thinks the seller is too eager and he said that PayPal protection doesn't protect against USA to overseas transactions.
What do you ladies think? Is this suspicious? What about overseas PP protection if they end up being fake...?

If the auction specifies full Paypal coverage for the buyer, you are covered even if it is international. I'm not sure the seller sounds over-eager as much as just keen to make a sale - which many sellers are these days.

If do end up returning the shoes, you will have to pay return shipping which can be quite expensive to Asia.

Doesn't sound suspicious to me at all. The shoes are authentic, she's lowered her price to an amount you can afford and seems eager to sell to you. Win-win if you ask me. Seems to me like you should jump on it before someone else does.

If the auction specifies full Paypal coverage for the buyer, you are covered even if it is international. I'm not sure the seller sounds over-eager as much as just keen to make a sale - which many sellers are these days.

If do end up returning the shoes, you will have to pay return shipping which can be quite expensive to Asia.

Agreed.. if you are in the US and buy these shoes on EBAY.COM (US) and pay w/ PP, you should be covered by both EBAY & PP Buyer protection
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

PAY with a CC on PP for added CC protection.

DO consider that if they do not fit, the seller CAN still refuse a refund, by which you would have to then have reason to file a SNAD dispute in order to return. And YOU will be responsible for paying return shipping.. WITH insurance, online tracking and sig confirm.

I then wanted to confirm her return policy (listed as 7 day money back) b/c I will buy the item for her asking price but if they don't fit I want to return them back to the seller. The seller's response was, "Yes, I will accept returns. You can buy them now". I am not super ebay savvy but DH thinks this sounds fishy. He thinks the seller is too eager and he said that PayPal protection doesn't protect against USA to overseas transactions.
What do you ladies think? Is this suspicious? What about overseas PP protection if they end up being fake...?

Protection is going to be the same so this is not the issue here. As far as return policy goes, how much do you think it will cost you to send them to and fro SE Asia? You are going to be out of shipping both ways. The seller probably knows it and that's why she is not afraid of taking returns. Not many people probably bother.

p-WA

She seems like a nice seller and not too eager at all. Why do you think she is too eager? There are so many difficult buyers and sellers out there it is nice to see one who actually works with you.

She doesn't sound too eager at all. Just sounds like someone who wants to get these shoes off her hands. Maybe she hasn't had a lot of intrest so she doesn't want to lose a potential buyer. Buy them!

If you know your shoe size in a particular brand, it helps. Sounds like a lot of hassle to buy and return to Asia? Perhaps you should try a store where you can try these on? You may end up with fakes in case the pictures they posted were authentic and the ones they send are not. Just sayin..
I am interested in buying a pair of shoes on ebay. The seller's location is overseas in Asia. I am not stereotyping but I know a lot of replicas come from Asia so I had them authenticated here. They turned out to be authentic.
Seller has it on BIN or best offer. I made an offer and she countered. I sat on it to think about it and she sends me an e-mail to ask if I was still interested. I then declined her counter and told her it was still more than I could afford to pay. She sent me an e-mail with her minimum acceptable amount which was $100.00 less than her asking price (substantial decrease in the BIN price). The auction expired without bids and was reposted. I rebid. She countered again. I then wanted to confirm her return policy (listed as 7 day money back) b/c I will buy the item for her asking price but if they don't fit I want to return them back to the seller. The seller's response was, "Yes, I will accept returns. You can buy them now". I am not super ebay savvy but DH thinks this sounds fishy. He thinks the seller is too eager and he said that PayPal protection doesn't protect against USA to overseas transactions.

I agree with the others, she probably just wants a sale for one reason or another, iv been in the same situation, desperate to sell something and pull out all the stops to help a potential buyer...when they dont buy after getting my hopes up it frustrates me so buy the shoes, you want them, she wants to sell and youre both getting a great deal. If somehow you do end up with a bait and switch and recieve fakes file a SNAD claim asap! Its a win win situation IMO..