Is this a really receipt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose650

Feb 5, 2017
The buyer said they bought a speedy 30 monogram from saks 5th ave and this is the receipt that came with it...is this normal? I don't remember an LV receipt looking like this

Attachments

• IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 9,941
The buyer said they bought a speedy 30 monogram from saks 5th ave and this is the receipt that came with it...is this normal? I don't remember an LV receipt looking like this
My most recent receipts look like this with the exception of mine saying "Holt Renfrew" under the return policy instead of "Saks Fifth Avenue". Then again just about anything can be counterfeited so I'd be less concerned about the receipt and more interested in whether the bag itself was authenticated.

Reactions: Rose650
My most recent receipts look like this with the exception of mine saying "Holt Renfrew" under the return policy instead of "Saks Fifth Avenue". Then again just about anything can be counterfeited so I'd be less concerned about the receipt and more interested in whether the bag itself was authenticated.
The handles and date code look like this would u say this is normal as well? The wax part on the handle looks a little red and does the date code make sense? Sorry I'm just trying to learn lol

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 1,830
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,791
The handles and date code look like this would u say this is normal as well? The wax part on the handle looks a little red and does the date code make sense? Sorry I'm just trying to learn lol
If you're asking me to authenticate this bag for you then sorry, it's not my place to do so. You would be best off going to the "Authenticate this LV" thread and, after carefully reading all of the requirements on page 1, posting a request there. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-louis-vuitton.926508/
However, the date code alone would suggest that this bag, if authentic, was made in either France or the US during the 22nd week of 2016 - approximately between May 30th and June 5th if my calculations are correct. Here is a link that will help you understand date codes a little more thoroughly:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/date-code-made-in-information-locations.183525/

If you're asking me to authenticate this bag for you then sorry, it's not my place to do so. You would be best off going to the "Authenticate this LV" thread and, after carefully reading all of the requirements on page 1, posting a request there. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-louis-vuitton.926508/
However, the date code alone would suggest that this bag, if authentic, was made in either France or the US during the 22nd week of 2016 - approximately between May 30th and June 5th if my calculations are correct. Here is a link that will help you understand date codes a little more thoroughly:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/date-code-made-in-information-locations.183525/
My apologies I was just curious if it's normal

My apologies I was just curious if it's normal
No worries, we all have to start from somewhere:smile: Your best bet for peace of mind would be authentication (I know I sound like a broken record here), especially since there's variations between bags and it's sometimes hard to determine what 'normal' is. I've seen pics that can make an authentic bag look plastic-y and I've also seen funny date code in life that I would've wanted to assume to be fake if it wasn't for the fact that they belonged to an item inside of a LV store. The one thing that is normal though is the timeframe between when that Speedy was made and the time it was sold; it's not uncommon for high-demand items to be on the shelf or in a home within just a few days after being made.

No worries, we all have to start from somewhere:smile: Your best bet for peace of mind would be authentication (I know I sound like a broken record here), especially since there's variations between bags and it's sometimes hard to determine what 'normal' is. I've seen pics that can make an authentic bag look plastic-y and I've also seen funny date code in life that I would've wanted to assume to be fake if it wasn't for the fact that they belonged to an item inside of a LV store. The one thing that is normal though is the timeframe between when that Speedy was made and the time it was sold; it's not uncommon for high-demand items to be on the shelf or in a home within just a few days after being made.
Yeah I agree with you. I was trying to authenticate a bag through this website but unfortunately the pictures were not "good enough" and I did not feel like being a pest and keep asking the seller to take different pictures with different lighting, angles, and etc. Ugh :sad:

Yeah I agree with you. I was trying to authenticate a bag through this website but unfortunately the pictures were not "good enough" and I did not feel like being a pest and keep asking the seller to take different pictures with different lighting, angles, and etc. Ugh :sad:
Any respectable seller who has nothing to hide will, more often than not, be cooperative if you clarify what types of pics you're after and what they are for. There's a difference between being a pest and being a reasonable, yet informed buyer.

Reactions: jillyfish108
Status
Not open for further replies.