Is this a realistic faux fur?

soulsurfer88

Jan 25, 2011
So I've been searching and searching for ideas on fur coats and I found a beautiful faux white mink on the silkandsable website. I think it is about the most realistic looking one i've seen online with the exquisite details such as the pretty shawl collar, rollback cuffs, right down to the European hook closures. I want to wear it to nyc trips and such, and I MUCH prefer full length or 7/8(city coats) to shorter ones. Much prettier and glamorous imo. What do you guys think of this?

Attachments

• white-mink-coat.jpg
    white-mink-coat.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,223
  • whitemink8.jpg
    whitemink8.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,927
I think that to people who know fur, faux fur is easily recognizable.
As far as that particular fur is concerned, sure, it looks okay in the pictures, but real life could be a whole different story. It's really something that you would need to see in person.

I think it's pretty obvious, but I also think it's pretty fun. I love faux fur, it's like paying an homage to some of the most beautiful fashion ever, without the pc hassle. (or crazy cost)

I don't think it's possible to tell if anything is real or faux just from pix. I bet if you didn't say this is faux, few people would be able to tell the difference, given that these are not detailed pix.

You really need to FEEL the coat in person. Sometimes, they might look nice online, but as soon as you touch the material, it's obviously faux.

^ I agree. However, IMO, the feel ALWAYS gives a fur away, so looking real IRL is the best a person can do. I have never felt a faux fur that even gave me pause as to whether it was real or not; there simply is no way to replicate that feel, although replicating the look has become better and better. So I agree that you need to see it IRL in order to determine if it is the right coat for you; it is beautful in the pictures, but pictures can be deceiving.

I think that to people who know fur, faux fur is easily recognizable.
As far as that particular fur is concerned, sure, it looks okay in the pictures, but real life could be a whole different story. It's really something that you would need to see in person.
I've looked at so many faux furs, I can always tell a faux from a real fur, but
I think if you love the coat that is all that matters! For me I always think if I really get my moneys worth out of it then it is worth it.

Although its true that you can tell the difference between a real and a faux fur coat, the look of this coat IS very glamorous and I'm sure would be great fun to wear!

The black faux fur I had several years ago didn't look nearly as convincing - I think this white one would earn its keep:smile:

Honestly I wouldn't buy a faux fur intending it to look exactly like the real thing. If you like it and it looks good, buy it. But I wouldn't try to substitute the real thing for a fake one.

I have several real furs but there is nothing wrong with just wearing a faux one cause it looks good.

I personally find real fur MUCH nicer on the animal, not on a garment, so I think this coat is lovely.

I second that entirely.

When I lived in Paris it was so cold I needed 2 fur coats as a necessity, but being vegetarian it didn't feel right, and both went on my move back to England in 2008.

I just regret the thousands of pounds I spent on them both....:sad: