Is this a real Chanel?

Nefretiri

Mar 14, 2006
Hi,

I was looking at this chanel bag and wanted to get your help to see if it's real or a fake? What type of bag is this? It has a long chain that can fit across the body, do you think the chain can be shortend? Thanks :biggrin:

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 187

GIAGIAJA

Mar 9, 2006
ValleyOppressed said:
I'm definately no expert, but it looks fake to me from the logo to the outside quilting...........?

I totally agree.
And also I feel like an authentic number is not clearly marked the size and shape look funny too.

I'm waiting for next Chanel expert answer:P

Everlong

Bring back eLuxury!
O.G.
Dec 19, 2005
i dont think the long chain can be shorten unless you wrap it under the flap. some bags are made that it can be worn long or double strapped but i dont think this one is like that. i could be wrong. good luck!

Nefretiri

Mar 14, 2006
Thanks for he help so far, I bought this bag in a used shop. It's old, but I thought it looked real. It has the embossed CC's, Gold Chanel Printed under the embossed CC's, heavy gold chain, Little gold CC's on the end of the zipper with a textured backing, Made in France on the opposite side of the flap and also the serial sticker. Look's real to me but i just wanted to more opinions.

Thanks again.

Lieu

ILVOEMahina
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
I really think you bought an authentic Chanel, but its a very old one. The previous owner didn't take care of this one. My mom has several of this same style bag, but hers are in excellent condition & yes the chain is long so when I wear it, I wear it like a messenger style. Hope this has helped you some.