Is this a quality issue?

pandaaa

Apr 11, 2015
Hi everyone!

I'm in Paris and purchased a beige classic flap at the Rue Cambon store yesterday. When I went back to my hotel I examined the back and noticed the quilt stitching is not aligned on the back pocket. If you look closely on the bottom edge of the bag, the stitching is off by 1-2mm on many of the quilts. It looks like the pocket should have been sewn more to the right of the bag. I know this doesn't really affect me but it's still annoying because my other classic flaps have perfect alignment and I know that misaligned quilts is one of the red flags when authenticating a bag (not that I'm ever thinking of selling it - but still!).

Do you think is a quality issue worth going back to the store for or a minor defect given the handmade nature of the bags? On my mini and extra mini flaps the alignment is not perfect but for a medium flap I would expect it to be.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_7709.JPG
    IMG_7709.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 1,421
  • IMG_7716.JPG
    IMG_7716.JPG
    333.5 KB · Views: 1,447
Reactions: Roshika
I can see what you mean; for my first jumbo I had some issues with the stiching didn't fully lined up too; but Chanel annoyingly said that since all bags are made by hand, these marginal displacement are expected :sad:

I would take it back to the store and ask for a new one. If they agree, ask them if you could inspect the new bag before wrapping it up. This would save you time and headache down the track. The excuse of "handmade" shouldn't cut it for the amount of money that you have paid. Your money is your hard earned money, therefore it is expected that the bag should be in top notch condition. One of the reasons why a classic flap is beautiful is because of the stitching being aligned. To me, it would bug me because all I would think of when I see misaligned stitching is sloppy workman ship and that they didn't care and value as a customer and had just given you a bag hoping that you wouldn't notice.

If the bag is otherwise perfect I wouldn't worry about it. To be honest don't think I would have inspected that carefully to notice. But that's me. If it bothers you then I guess it's a big issue and you should try to get it exchanged.

Reactions: marie132
Hey! I am just wondering if you have any updates. I have the same issue with my woc, not sure if it is a quality issue .
I went back to the store the next day and the SA who helped me purchase the bag wasn't there so I saw another SA. He was so rude and said that he would not "waste time" exchanging the bag "since it is obviously real". I didn't even try to claim it was not real and the bottom line is it should not be a waste of time if it means the customer is satisfied (especially given the store was not crowded)! I hope you will have better luck then me! :smile:

That is such a shame they wouldn't allow you to do an exchange. I would go back again and deal with another S.A. I've turned highly sought after bags when I noticed that the stitching did not line up to the back pocket. Good luck.

I went back to the store the next day and the SA who helped me purchase the bag wasn't there so I saw another SA. He was so rude and said that he would not "waste time" exchanging the bag "since it is obviously real". I didn't even try to claim it was not real and the bottom line is it should not be a waste of time if it means the customer is satisfied (especially given the store was not crowded)! I hope you will have better luck then me! :smile:

Wow, he could always just say 'non' nicely. So rude. At least you tried.

I think if a customer is not happy with a product it should be taken back or exchanged. And, the sales people or management should make the customer feel comfortable and make sure or hope that the customer wants to come back and spend more money.

Reactions: pcom82