Is this a problem with my Legacy French Purse?

i<3handbags

Coach Obsessed ...
O.G.
Aug 22, 2007
The turn lock on the front doesn't turn smooth anymore, and I can actually hear what sounds like springs when I open and close it. Is this common, or a sign the turn lock is going to fail soon?

You know? I have notice this with my Legacy Stripe French Purse as well...

I did buy it pre-loved, but I never really thought it could be anything major :shrugs:

In any case, I know that the turn locks can be replaced :yes:

If it bothers/ worries you, you should take it in and see if they can replace it or send you a replacement turn lock.

When you turn it, you are lifting it up slightly and pulling on a spring. On some bags it does make a noise. I wouldn't worry as it is somewhat normal AND Coach can give you new ones if they break.

When you turn it, you are lifting it up slightly and pulling on a spring. On some bags it does make a noise. I wouldn't worry as it is somewhat normal AND Coach can give you new ones if they break.
It's a wallet, not a bag. I hold it flat when I use the lock, so I really don't think I am pulling up on it.

Miss Evy, I think I will contact their CS and see what they say. Maybe they know how ot get rid of the noise.

It's a wallet, not a bag. I hold it flat when I use the lock, so I really don't think I am pulling up on it.

Miss Evy, I think I will contact their CS and see what they say. Maybe they know how ot get rid of the noise.

I would take it to the boutique nearest you first, let them look at it and see what they say. That way if a new turn lock is in order they can order ir for you :smile:

I took it to the boutique, and they said it looked like it was about to break and needed to be sent in for repair. So now I am out $20 and have to wait. I really hope they can fix it, because I can't make use of a coupon right now. I don't want to end up with a 20% off coupon or something.

They charged you $20 to send it in? :Push:

I would have ask to have the fee waived or to have them send me a new turn lock. I read someone here was able to replace it herslef :yes:

I hope you get your french purse repaired and back to you in no time :tup:

I took it to the boutique, and they said it looked like it was about to break and needed to be sent in for repair. So now I am out $20 and have to wait. I really hope they can fix it, because I can't make use of a coupon right now. I don't want to end up with a 20% off coupon or something.

They will offer you either a 40% coupon or your money back if they cannot repair it. In case they cant do anything to fix it, get your money back and buy another wallet. :smile:

They charged you $20 to send it in? :Push:

I would have ask to have the fee waived or to have them send me a new turn lock. I read someone here was able to replace it herslef :yes:

I hope you get your french purse repaired and back to you in no time :tup:
I asked. They wouldn't waive it. I don't think I could replace the turn lock myself, because I can't access the back of it.

Charlie, I hope they would offer a refund if they can't repair it. I would love to buy another wallet if I can't get this one fixed.

Just a tiny update. I was a bit disappointed that the boutique didn't waive the repair fee for the wallet, so I used COACH's email contact on their site and asked them nicely if they could waive it since it was only a wallet. I got this email back:

Dear ******* ********,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We do apologize that the store was unable to waive the repair processing fee. As an accommodation once your item is in our system we would be more than happy to reimburse the repair fee.

Please feel free to contact us if there are any further questions.

Sincerely,

Kanesha
COACH Online Consumer Services

Yay COACH!! :yahoo: