Is this a old design

galwithawand

Feb 1, 2013
Hi ladies,
I did it. I finally bought my first hermes product to start my hermes collection :smile:

Yesterday, in the frankfurt hermes boutique, I bought a wallet. In the receipt the description is 'Portefeuille dogon recto-verso veau evercolor'. I was so excited because this is the first time I come across a wallet in hermes orange so I got it on the spot.

But today, after much research, I found that this design is a past season design?? And the newer ones are wider in size with a pouch inside? Mine has a zipped back for coins.

So may I please seek some professional advice on this? Is mine an old stock of past seasons? :sad:

Also, may I know if evercolor is a good material for a wallet??
TIA!

cvw1004

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
UK
Have you searched on here for Dogon styles? I think the R-V is a newer version, certainly from the SLG reference thread it would appear so. I have the Compact which has served me very well over a number of years.

Does it matter to you very much if it is a 'past season' design? If so, maybe H isn't the brand for you as it more about classic, timeless design and longevity (especially with regard to leathergoods) rather than bang up to the minute fashion and trends.

Mar 26, 2009
Hi ladies,
I did it. I finally bought my first hermes product to start my hermes collection :smile:

Yesterday, in the frankfurt hermes boutique, I bought a wallet. In the receipt the description is 'Portefeuille dogon recto-verso veau evercolor'. I was so excited because this is the first time I come across a wallet in hermes orange so I got it on the spot.

But today, after much research, I found that this design is a past season design?? And the newer ones are wider in size with a pouch inside? Mine has a zipped back for coins.

So may I please seek some professional advice on this? Is mine an old stock of past seasons? :sad:

Also, may I know if evercolor is a good material for a wallet??
TIA!
I believe this version is in fact the newer and rarer of the dogon. I love mine which I got last Dec.